Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Crowned Keepsake Shelf #33663

Crowned Keepsake Shelf #33663I was really pleasantly surprised when I received this shelf. I read all the reviews, understood the dimensions, and frankly didn't have high expectations. The shelf is sturdy and appropriate for displaying knick-knacks. Anyone who purchases this for more practical reasons and needs hardcore storage may be disappointed. So I again stress ths is a display piece for small, lightweight items. The 'distressing' is laughable--it's literally some flat, black marks placed symeterically on both sides. But I always intended to paint it. So with a 1.49 worth of hobby paint, I turned this into a more custom looking piece and the result was wonderful. I challenge anyone to find anything of similar quality at a brick and mortar store without paying 3X as much. One of the shelves is removable (but the screw holes would need to puttied) the other is not. And the top scrolled ornamentation is a completely separate piece, so it can be removed if desired.

Assembly and hanging this wall cabinet was quick and easy. I'm using its shelves to display a collection of mugs. I like the crown decoration on top. Otherwise the shelves are very plain so the crown adds style. My only complaint is a tiny one; in what was I think an effort to antique the shelves a bit, occasionally thin black stripes are painted on the sides. I may paint those out because I wanted all white for my kitchen, but it's not an issue for anyone but me. The mugs are very happy on display on the shelves in this cabinet.

Buy Crowned Keepsake Shelf #33663 Now

I received this item right away in perfect condition. There was minimal work involved with putting it together, and it's a very pretty little piece. I hung it above my stove as a spice rack. It's the perfect size.

Read Best Reviews of Crowned Keepsake Shelf #33663 Here

This is a nice piece for the price, but I thought it would be bigger. The shelves are not adjustable, but I ended up just taking out the top shelf so that I could put taller things on the middle shelf. It's a cute, shabby chic style.

Want Crowned Keepsake Shelf #33663 Discount?

More shabby than chic this was beyond disappointing. The removable shelf hardware is huge and ugly and very clearly seen when the shelf is hung. My husband is going to remove the hardware and nail the shelf in place. The paint scheme is also just awful so shabby that I'll be repainting it today!

Save 27% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment