Sunday, August 4, 2013

HyLoft 01031 28.5 in. Folding Tire Loft

HyLoft 01031 Folding Storage Loft, SliverYou're looking at these reviews because you need to get your tires out of the way and are a little incredulous about the price of this rack versus some others. That was me about three months ago. I bought two of these for the tires from my Camry V6 and the tires from my Odyssey. The install was simple. The construction is very good. I have no concerns about safety. My tires are securely sitting on the racks for quite awhile. If you're like me you'll want to know the following: the tubes that go across the wall racks (on which the tires will sit) slide into one another one tube big and one small. They simply slide in. No screwing or twisting or wedging. While the fit is fairly tight and precise, nonetheless you have a smaller tube sitting freely in a larger one and there is a little bit of play. As a result there is a slight sag in the middle. By my measurements the sag is about 1/2" or a little less at the center with the wall mounts 48" apart. It's not noticeable to the average naked eye. I measured it because I wanted to know with certainty if it was out of level. I find that the small sag is not structurally significant. Not even close. It's just a result of how the two pipes fit together. The pipes are not bent or bowed. What's more, since the four tires do no take up the whole rack, I have two off to one side and two off to the other, reducing any direct strain on the center point of the rack. I strongly recommend this product. It's easy to put up and it solves your problem at about a 1/3rd of the cost of some other rack options. Stop looking. You found what you need.

Simply the cheapest manufactured storage option for spare/winter tires and rims. Keep in mind that if you want to install two sets, they can't be put directly next to one another, because of the width of a typical stud. My two racks are 16 inches apart...

Buy HyLoft 01031 28.5 in. Folding Tire Loft Now

This rack was well priced and was very easy to set up. I have 4 large tires on rims from a BMW M5, and all fit easily on this rack. Make sure you understand that this product must be screwed to the wall studs.

Have revised my above review due to the fact that the stud screws that they sent with the unit are very weak. I put my unit up and it worked great until today! Went out to the garage and the rack had collapsed and crashed onto my BMW! When I took the rack off the wall I saw that 3 screws had snapped off just outside the stud. I then hit one of the screws that was still in the wall ( head had broke off) with a small wrench and to my amazement it snapped in half!!! These screws must be made of pot metal! The rack was up for 3 months before it collapsed.

Revising my review again. Even though the screws did break the manufacturer admitted that the product failed and we were able to come to a resolution. Their customer service was excellent. A breath of fresh air to be treated so well. I was given a new rack with larger lag bolts and have trust in the product.

Read Best Reviews of HyLoft 01031 28.5 in. Folding Tire Loft Here

Cant really rank the product any higher when it arrives missing pieces. Didn't come with any of the lag screws or hex bolts.. well off to the hardware store I guess :(..

Want HyLoft 01031 28.5 in. Folding Tire Loft Discount?

Overall I am very happy with the quality of this product, the price, and the ease of installation. I spent more time creating my video review for this product than I did installing it (but Amazon wouldn't let me upload (too large)). If you'd like to see my full video review, check out the following link:And if Amazon removes my link, just search YouTube for "HyLoft 01031 Folding Tire Storage Loft Review"

Thanks!

Save 3% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment