Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Quick - Shelf Hangers Six Shelf 16" Deep Ceiling Mount Shelving Unit

Quick - Shelf Hangers Six Shelf 16' Deep Ceiling Mount Shelving UnitThese shelf hangers are surprisingly easy to assemble and disassemble for relocation. Instead of drilling about 54 holes in the wall for the multiple support brackets for each shelf (3 screws/bracket x 3 brackets/shelf x 6 shelves), there are only 6 holes for the eye screws for the Quick Shelf. You don't need to install all of the under shelf clips for the Quick Shelf, but you should use all of the 18 additonal screws to attach the shelves to an L-bracket support.

The 6 shelves can be split into two sets of three or 4+2 or 5+1, or 2+2+2, etc. by adding only 6 or 12 eye screws.

Using full 1 inch thick pine boards, we made 10 foot long shelves with no sags. The product spec says it holds 1050 lbs. I believe it.

For wet basements and garages, they don't sit in water on the floor nor do they attach to a damp wall.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of this beforehand, but it is pretty impossible to find any plywood boards over 8' long. Again, I don't know why I didn't think of this as I am in the lumber store every day, and it never occurred to me that when you space these out at 4 foot lengths, and get even the tiniest bit of overhang, you will have to figure out a way to create your own shelves. The instructions allow for 8 foot widths (for light loading), and my joists are on 24" centers, so I was left with about a 10.5' shelf. My first joist was about a foot from the wall, as the header was buried in the wall, with less than an inch to bite into, so I just located the next joist which was 1 foot from the wall. I really needed these shelves to butt up to the wall, so this was my solution.

My idea was to rip down a 2x4x10 in half, and then screw a piece of 3/4" ply onto the 10' section. It turned out cheaper than using the straight 1" ply, since I had the 3/4 just laying around, but it took a few minutes of frying neurons to figure it out. It was still plenty strong after I screwed the brackets into the wall.

Great system, and the total costs for the wood was around $12. If you need to buy the plywood, it should run you no more than $28 for the wood. You obviously need a table saw, as the lumber stores I go to only have a mitered chop saw, or one of the fancy vertical table saws and that's all. Not much in the way of free cuts when it comes to ripping down 2x4's. So if your joists are not on 16", and you want the maximum shelving possible for the system, be ready to rip down a 2x4.

If anyone has any other solutions to this problem please let me know, as I plan on installing another set of these. They literally took me 10 minutes to install, but I also knew where my joists were. Just drilled 6 holes, and inserted the eye bolts. I used a 1 1/4" socket to get the eye bolts in as I just couldn't find my 1 1/8" socket. Worked like a charm, just had to use the low speed on my drill. Great shelves, sturdy, and I couldn't see these breaking, even will all of my tools on them.

Buy Quick - Shelf Hangers Six Shelf 16" Deep Ceiling Mount Shelving Unit Now

This product is truly ingenious. I have my garage back now... I am shock that this company doesn't advertise this product on tv because they would make a mint. Thanks true shelf. I wish I could upload pictures.

Read Best Reviews of Quick - Shelf Hangers Six Shelf 16" Deep Ceiling Mount Shelving Unit Here

What a simple ingenious invention. Just what I needed to create heavy duty shelving that is rock solid, non tipping, adjustable, easy to clean under and affordable.

A real winner

Want Quick - Shelf Hangers Six Shelf 16" Deep Ceiling Mount Shelving Unit Discount?

These are great hanging shelves. The metal hangers are quite substantial. I bought this model (14" wide) and also two of the 24" deep version Quick Shelf Hangers Overhead Ceiling Mount Storage Unit. The 16" and 24" are identical, just the hanger is wider.

Note, some people noted using a hex socket to install. I recommend it. My 24" set needed a 1 1/4" socket, and my 16" set needed a 1 1/8" socket.

With 3/4 plywood or particle board, you have a very sturdy shelf.

I used 4 hangers, with 8' boards -which doesn't match the photo. I used 4 longs on top, and then 3 rows of 4 each of the shorter. I ended up with a little extra hardware and did not reach the floor. For me it is perfect because I can store some items directly on the floor below.

A reminder: a typical 4'x8' board (48" x 96") divides cleanly into 3 16" boards. Free cutting at a large box store. I ended up using white melamine on particle board, which is perfect for a basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment