Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Rubbermaid 1H32 Under-Shelf Slide-Out Storage Basket

Rubbermaid 1H32 Under-Shelf Slide-Out Storage BasketI had planned to order several of these and use them in the pantry, in the bathroom, in my hobby room, etc. I decided to order one and see if I really liked it. Now that I have one in my hand, I am not quite sure if I want more or not.

It is well built and sturdy. It is nice Rubbermaid quality. No issues there at all.

The issue I have is it seems a little too small for $23. It doesn't really hold much. I realize it was meant for pantry use, so the wire basket is too open for small items which is a bummer for me. Since it is small it would be better suited to holding a bunch of small loose items, but they fall thru the basket. So you have to use it for larger items. For example in my media/hobby room I have several remotes that are always in my way. I could fit 4-6 average sized remotes in the basket. Not bad, it is just that if you have a lot of clutter to put away, you will need several of these and a place to hang them. 4 of these comes to $100 or so. I think there may be better storage options for $100.

In summation, I do not regret buying one of these, but I do not know if I need more of them. If they were cheaper, I would definitely buy a couple more.

UPDATE:

I have decided to not buy any more of these. I have not found a good use for it. It will only hold one large can of soup (Campbell's Chunky). It holds about 12 small jars of baby food. It just isn't that useful. It should either be about $12 or about twice as big.

I am interested in ordering this product. I usually order whatever I need from Amazon.com when possible, however, this undershelf storage bin is only $13.94 on Rubbermaid.com so I will order the storage bin from them. As one Amazon customer wrote, the product is nice, but should have cost less. It does, elsewhere. I'm disappointed in Amazon.com this time.

Buy Rubbermaid 1H32 Under-Shelf Slide-Out Storage Basket Now

It's not a large basket, but it works wonderfully--very well made. It couldn't be easier to set up and fits flush against the shelf so there's absolutely no issue in being able to close the cupboard door all the way. It glides in and out easily.

Read Best Reviews of Rubbermaid 1H32 Under-Shelf Slide-Out Storage Basket Here

Bought this item for a relative in a nursing home. He was always leaving items (glasses, TV remote, cards) on top of his hospital tray table and when his food was cleared off, many times the aides inadvertently took his personal items also. We attached the basket under the tray table and now he just slides everything into it so he no longer has items taken by mistake.

Want Rubbermaid 1H32 Under-Shelf Slide-Out Storage Basket Discount?

What a simple way to add storage. It is exactly what I needed and no installation woes it slides right on to the cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment