Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sonax BX-6010 Bromley 60-Inch Midnight Black TV/Component Bench

Sonax BX-6010 Bromley 60-Inch Midnight Black TV/Component BenchI recently got a 46 lcd tv and needed a stand that was both strong and had a high utility value.

The major + for the stand is

1. It has space for 5 boxes (as in DVR, DVD Player, Gaming Console, Home Theater Receiver) and 4 of these are covered by glass preventing build up of dust and also allowing remote access.

2. Its pretty solid and can with stand a good heavy TV.

3. It has a draw to store extra cables and CD/DVDs and that clutter is not visible on the outside.

4. Easy to assemble. Dont need any fancy tools.

The negatives.

1. The whole thing is very heavy. Close to 100 lbs. So moving the package around and unpacking can be quite a task. Make sure you assemble this quite close to where you want it placed.

2. It takes about 3-4 hours to put it together.

Overall this is a very high quality piece of furniture. Heavy, solid weight; more than capable of supporting my 60-inch plasma TV.

Before purchasing, I read the other reviews which said this was a nightmare to assemble. I'm not sure what those people were talking about. I put it together by myself in about 90 minutes and didn't have any problems. The instructions were not quite up to Ikea-esque standards, but overall they were very understandable. Anyone who needs 4+ hours to put this together must have some serious learning disability.

I am deducting one star for the following reason: The design of the back panel is poor, because it allow little to no ventilization to the shelves that hold the A/V equipment. A sealed design like this will trap in heat and absolutely fry any device that has a hard drive, such as a TiVo or Playstation 3, or an amplifier. My PS3 started overheating within the first hour and I had to remove the back panel from the cabinet to allow proper ventilation. Removing the panel leaves the wires in the back visible and detracts somewhat from the aesthetic appeal of the shelf. If you use the shelves for your A/V equipment, I storngly recommend taking off the back panel, or you will cook your expensive equipment.

Buy Sonax BX-6010 Bromley 60-Inch Midnight Black TV/Component Bench Now

Very well constructed piece of furniture. The materials are high quality and it looks great when put together. It took a little over an hour to put together and that's mainly due to the lack of labeling on the parts of the unit. The instructions were very Ikea-esque and sometimes it made it difficult to know which panel they were referring. You had to be careful to make sure you knew which part of the unit you were constructing so you could place the pieces accordingly so you didn't have the particle wood showing. There is a back for the unit, but there are no cutouts for cords so we just left it off since it was going to be against a wall. The wood is extremely good looking wood and the color is great. We got this unit because we needed a unit short enough that we could place our center speaker on and not block the TV. The height on this was absolutely perfect. The box is very heavy, as the pieces inside are very high quality, so you might need an extra hand to help you get the box moved. Once put together, the unit isn't all that heavy, but you will definitely need two people to move it around. Overall, great product, a little iffy on the instructions, but take your time and in no time, you will have a great looking entertainment center.

Read Best Reviews of Sonax BX-6010 Bromley 60-Inch Midnight Black TV/Component Bench Here

Unit was quite heavy and took about 2 hours to assemble. I suggest taking the time to lay out all the pieces first and then assembling. I left the back off to allow airflow since there are no holes in it but you can't see it anyway. Overall a pretty solid, nice product. Very Ikea-ish in its assembly. I was looking for something good but not willing to pay big $$$ and found it. Obviously its not a super expensive piece of furniture but it does not look cheap either. 4 of 5 stars :)

Want Sonax BX-6010 Bromley 60-Inch Midnight Black TV/Component Bench Discount?

I looked around at many different stores and websites for a good TV stand for a good price. I decided to buy this one. It is a great TV stand. It is sturdy and has plenty of space for the cable box, blu-ray player, movies, game systems, and etcetera.

Putting it together took me a couple of hours mainly because I accidentally did something incorrectly and had to backtrack a little bit. The instructions weren't the greatest, but not too bad. Before I purchased this stand, I saw a review about it being very difficult, but I really didn't think it was when I put it together. It is pretty normal for it to take a while to put together a good do-it-yourself TV stand. If you aren't up for the task of spending some time putting together a TV stand, then you are looking in the wrong place and should go to a furniture store.

I bought this stand for $250. For that price, I am perfectly fine with the material it is made of (I think it is particle board). It is still very sturdy and looks great. There are much worse TV stands with the same material that cost more.

Do not buy this TV stand if you have (or plan to buy) a TV that is larger than 60". I know the description says 48" to 68", but the box said 48" to 60". The stand wouldn't even be wide enough for anything larger anyway. I think a 60" TV is pushing it. It may have been a typo though. I didn't mind because I was buying this for a 50" TV.

My biggest gripe is that the glass doors sometimes pop back open when I try to close them. Sometimes I don't notice and I almost broke one of them. It's not that big of a deal though because if I do lose the glass doors, the TV stand would still look great.

Save 28% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment