Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Alera Industrial Wire Shelving Extra Wire Shelves, 18W X 18D, Silver, 2 Shelves/Carton Alesw581818Sr

Alera Industrial Wire Shelving Extra Wire Shelves, 18W X 18D, Silver, 2 Shelves/Carton Alesw581818SrThese may be a slightly different size than InterMetro 18x18 shelves, but closer than the other no-name "18x18" wire shelves I have which were about 1/2" smaller in width and depth. As long as the shelves aren't right next to each other, they are fine being mixed with metro. Also the wire spacing on the shelf deck is the same as metro. They come with mounting sleeves for both shelves plus a couple extra. They were packed nicely, but had some dirt on them. This appeared to be from the factory since they were factory sealed. It wiped off easily, so not really a problem.

I have the InterMETRO M5-181847C 5-Shelf PrePack, 18-Inch by 18-Inch by 47-Inch and I needed a few more shelves for it. The brand name InterMetro loose shelves are $27 + $6.50 shipping for a single shelf. I asked the seller if they knew if these shelves would fit the InterMetro shelf unit. The seller claimed not to know. I decided to take a chance and order them anyway. Well, they arrived and fit perfectly. Like the InterMetro shelves though, they have to go on the tower oriented all the same way, so make sure to line up the sides correctly. These shelves are a little thinner gauge wire and have some embossed printing on the corners, but the differences aren't too noticeable if you're not looking for them. This rack is in my basement in a corner, so I don't care. If this were in my living room or something, I might put these shelves in the bottom of the tower or something, but it's really not a big deal.

They're metal shelves; they hold stuff; they perfectly suit my needs.

Buy Alera Industrial Wire Shelving Extra Wire Shelves, 18W X 18D, Silver, 2 Shelves/Carton Alesw581818Sr Now

No comments:

Post a Comment