Monday, September 30, 2013

HON 510 Series Drawer Full-Suspension Letter File

HON 512PL 510 Series 29 by 25-Inch 2-Drawer Full-Suspension Letter File, PuttyI have purchased and used a lot of HON file cabinets both vertical and horizontal and considered them top of the line file cabinets. December 31, 2009 I ordered a new cabinet to be used in my home. I shopped around and the Amazon price of $191.58 with free delivery was great.

However, when the file cabinet was delivered, I inspected it and was disappointed with the quality control. A seam on top is open rather than closed the way it would typically be. When I opened a drawer, a spring was laying on the bottom of the drawer and at this point I don't know where it belongs. Hopefully, it is an extra spring an employee dropped during assembly.

The drawers open and close and latch shut just fine. There are no complaints from a functional standpoint.

This is when you wish this was an item that could easily be sent back. Since this is not the case, I am going to keep this file cabinet but am disappointed with the quality control. This cabinet is not up to the standards I expect of HON cabinets.

The third drawer has a very noticeable dent on the front. The packaging box also has a hole where the dent is. My guess is that something punched a hole through the box and it hit directly onto the front of the filing cabinet. If the packaging was sufficient in the front of the box, it would have protected the item. A piece of foam on the front would have prevent some of this damage. There is also a scratch on the paint near the dent.

One of the filing cabinet door is also impossibly hard to open and close. It is so tight that it scratches against the bottom of the opening. I have to slam the door extremely hard so the lock catches. Additionally, I have to shake the handle back and forth just to get the cabinet door to open.

Buy HON 510 Series Drawer Full-Suspension Letter File Now

Great product. I loved that it was already assembled. I am sure this will last for a really long time and is strong and heavy-duty. I have had a cheapo file cabinet in the past that tipped over when files were in it, but that will definitely not happen with this cabinet. Totally worth the extra money for something that will last.

Read Best Reviews of HON 510 Series Drawer Full-Suspension Letter File Here

I normally love HON products and always go to them first when I need new furniture/file cabinets, so I was very disappointed to receive the file cabinet in poor condition. Opposite sides, front and back were dented. It looks out of alignment. I think it may have been dropped on the back corner. The box was fine shipping was 2 weeks late, so I wonder if they got a replacement box somehow. The good news thanks to HON quality it still works fine, including the locks. Hope it holds up to daily use. I would like to send it back, but cut open the box to get the file cabinet out. Will think twice before ordering equipment and furniture online again!

Want HON 510 Series Drawer Full-Suspension Letter File Discount?

Seems like a high quality cabinet. No problems. Arrived in good condition and quickly. Well packaged

Save 54% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment