Sunday, October 20, 2013

Altra Traditional Console, 61-Inch

Altra 1169296 Traditional Console, 61-Inch, Natural OakI had such high hopes for this center. It looks beautiful in the picture. However, I cannot say anything about how it looks assembled in person. As I unpacked it from the box I found scratches, dents, and gouges in the pieces. I got through 6 parts, and when I saw the deep gouge scored all the way across the side panel I put it all back in the box and returned it. This is INEXCUSABLE on the manufacturer's part all of this damage was found on pieces that were encased in styrofoam. The damage I found was absolutely not the result of shipping damage. This damage was all done in the packing warehouse by the manufacturer. The pieces looked like they had been kicked and dragged across a parking lot before throwing them into a box to be sold to some sucker.

I called Altra up (my kit did have an instruction book, one plus for it, so it was easy to find their number). I told them about the issues. They said they didn't do it. What?!? Lets see, new box, sealed up, pieces encased in packing material, and the shipper did it?!? "And what about the gouge across the piece in the middle of the stack?" I asked. Their response: the store opened the box and put the scratch there.

I had to laugh. Who has time to do that? I can just picture some prankster employee sitting in the back room of the warehouse saying to himself, "Huh huh huh, let's see what I can do to this" and then he proceeds to carefully unwrap the box, take out the two heavy top and bottom pieces to get to the middle stack, then he takes out his utility knife and carves an arc across the board. Right. If that was me I would have at least carved my initials or "Kilroy was here."

Needless to say, I will never buy anything made by Altra again. At least I did purchase it locally, so it wasn't as much of a pain in the behind to return the thing. Buyer beware on this one.

This stand is excellent but it does have issues. To begin with, it does not have an instruction booklet included with the package. In order to build this product, you need to go on the web, find the product number, and download the instruction booklet. If you do not have web access for any reason, you cannot build the stand. Secondly, the cherry wood version of this product is almost two times the price of the oak-which seems like a very steep price increase. However, if you can negotiate these issues, this is an excellent stand for larger flat-screen TVs.

Buy Altra Traditional Console, 61-Inch Now

Have not even received it yet .It keeps getting damaged before it gets to me. Two times it has got damage, so now I just my money back.

Read Best Reviews of Altra Traditional Console, 61-Inch Here

THE CABINET IS STYLISH AND FAIRLY EASY TO ASSEMBLE. hOWEVER, THE FINISH IS UNEVEN AND TWO OF THE DOORS ARE A SHADE OR TWO LIGHTER THAN THE OTHERR DOOR AND TOP SURFACE OF THE CABINET. AMAZON VERIFIED PURCHASE

Want Altra Traditional Console, 61-Inch Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment