Friday, October 11, 2013

Foremost Modular 5-in-1 Shelf Cube Storage System

Foremost 340001 Modular 5-in-1 Shelf Cube Storage System, WhiteThis is a nice product. I ordered two sets, and each set came with a cracked piece. Not enough of a problem for my purposes for me to send them back. Otherwise, no problems putting the sets together. They are sturdy, the doors open well and stay closed nicely, the drawers slide in and out smoothly. All the pieces fit together well. I got storage cubes from Target that fit perfectly with this set. I use it for my kids' toys and books, and I am planning to add on to the set. There was a strong mothball odor initially that is almost gone now--it's been two months. The insides of the drawers still have the odor, but it's not bothersome and should go away completely soon. I would have let it air out outside for a day or two if weather had permitted. Still a very nice set, and I would order it again.

It's overpriced. I couldn't assemble the drawers, the holes did not line up. And once everything is assembled, I coudln't put the individual pieces together so they looked like the picture. That is that the pieces had gaps in between them.

I say that this is worth no more than $40; I should have just gone to Ikea.

Buy Foremost Modular 5-in-1 Shelf Cube Storage System Now

The boxes arrived in great shape, however some of the panels had cracks/scratches/dents that weren't bad enough to try and return. The modules were easy to put together, though the roller-bars for the drawers were extremely hard to insert because the pre-drilled holes were a bit off, resulting in the drawers not gliding as well as they should. There was also some missing hardware, but call to the number provided in the instructions went to an actual person who took the info and sent out a new bag of hardware that I received within 10 days. All in all an okay system that is a decent buy for the $$.

Read Best Reviews of Foremost Modular 5-in-1 Shelf Cube Storage System Here

Let me first state that I was not looking for designer quality, top of the line furnishings for my children's toy storage. This is most definitely not of that quality. Given that statement, this is a great product for what it is! You receive five units, four 15" x 15" cubes (one open, one with two drawers and one with one door) and a double-cube unit. Each piece of the modular unit comes in it's own box that is packaged in one larger (HEAVIER) box. The directions were very easy to follow and I had no broken pieces (that I could tell).

I did have trouble putting in the drawer slides, but that was a strength issue, not a manufacturing issue. It was simply solved by using a hammer. So, if you lack a bit of strength in your hands or fingers, definitely have one at your side. Be careful, though, as I could imagine a misplaced strike could be devastating to the unit! It is NOT meant to be hammered...

I really like the compactness of the unit when completed and the versatility of design. It is perfect to hold children's books, dress-up "supplies" and all those small toys that just need to be tucked away and out of sight. Yes, if you do not plan on attaching the unit with brackets, the sides/tops will not be flush with one another. The good thing is that there are plenty of brackets and screws to do just that. These pieces can be used separately and apart from one another, but the whole completed modular frame will not be very sturdy unless they are all attached. Take the extra time to figure out your configuration before screwing them all together; it's worth it.

Overall, this item fits my needs perfectly as toy and book storage. It will not win any furniture design or sturdiness awards, nor will it last for 20 years. Don't expect that. It does look very clean and keeps things off the floor, and if you go in to your purchase expecting that, you will be completely satisfied. Love it.

Want Foremost Modular 5-in-1 Shelf Cube Storage System Discount?

I am a professional designer and was completely impressed with this modular system. Yes, it is efficiently (i.e. "cheaply") made, but for the price, is very clever and easy to assemble. Only a screwdriver is needed, although a carefully used power driver is helpful. A hammer also helps to carefully tap in the drawer guides. I ordered four of the 5-in-1 sets for set up in my home office den, and they all went together easily. Whether there were fit problems with some earlier versions, as some others have written, I cannot say, but those I received fit virtually precisely. All cubes also arrived without damage. The only slight difficultly encountered was with one of the drawer cubes for which the tolerances were tight so the two drawers were difficult to slide in and out. But, a little careful tapping encouragement with a hammer to help widen the cube as much as the fit would allow, solved that problem. I did also find the drawer glides were a tight fit in the pre-drilled holes, but again, careful cushioned tapping encouragement with a hammer got them fully set in, which is important to allow the drawers to easily slide.

Save 25% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment