Thursday, October 10, 2013

Natural 30" TV Stand Finish: Mocha

Natural 30' TV Stand Finish: MochaI almost bought it but another review mentioned about the shelf height and not able to fit receiver in the shelf. So I did some digging and found that it indeed is little too short for my receiver (Yamaha 3010 that is 7.5" high and needs some room to cool as well). Trying to be a good amazon citizen and adding details here below

(And I am still looking for another one as my center speaker needs to go on top, I have a bipolar with sub on top of center CS-8080)

Features:

30" Video Stand

Mocha finish

Tempered-glass shelves with polished edges are strong and stylish

Wire management system helps keep cables concealed and organized

Open architecture allows unrestricted airflow to keep AV components cool

Hardwood frame is strong and solid for optimum acoustics

Top shelf rear corners are angled to allow tight placement in corners

Dimensions: 29.87" H x 30" W x 18" D

Distance from bottom to top (shelf to shelf): 7.02, 6.6 and 6.5 (inches)

Drawing and detailed measurements:

(Hope Amazon will allow this)

Please do disregard the stars as I don't own it

Hope this helps

This is a very nice quality stand. I was disappointed to find that a couple of key pieces were missing from the box, and I couldn't get past step one of the assembly instructions until I received them. I called customer service, they were nice, helpful and got the new parts out to me, though I had to pay for 2 day shipping to get them when I needed them (I had a home theatre set up person scheduled, and needed the stand to be put together for the appt). After I had all the pieces, it was easy to assemble.

One other surprise was that my AV receiver was too big to fit on any of the shelves, I had to put it on the top shelf. Not sure if they show the distance between the shelves in the specs, but it would be useful to know.

Overall this is a very nice quality product and I would recommend it.

Buy Natural 30" TV Stand Finish: Mocha Now

This furniture works well in my living room. It provides stacking space for many audio components (being old school, I still have a turntable and casette tape player as well as a CD/DVD player, cable unit, receiver, power strip--maybe dinosaur is a better description than 'old school'!) and let's air circulate freely. The wood color is true to the photo and I found the item easy to assemble, well-made, and sturdy. I wish I had found something slightly narrower, but this provides substantial storage space without being bulky or dominating the room.

Read Best Reviews of Natural 30" TV Stand Finish: Mocha Here

This is a visually nice unit that was very easy to set up. I was looking for an unit that was not very wide. The Sanus NFAV230 has a glass top that is only 30 inches wide and the unit itself, in the front, is 28 1/2 inches wide.

An issue more than a problem that I found was that when I set up my Pioneer Receiver using banana plug connectors for the speaker wire, and with the unit fits very tightly up against the back wire housing, the receiver still overhangs the shelf unit by half an inch. While it does not fit the way I expected it does not look badly but the selector knobs are clearly beyond the facade limit. Also my Pioneer is 6 1/8 inches tall and although it fits onto each of the 3 shelves, I felt that there was not enough head room to cool the unit unless it was on the top or bottom shelves.

I will try to give better dimensions for those who need them.

Although the unit is flush in the front, you could theoretically have some overhang on the sides of each shelf.

Top glass Odd Hexagon shape.

Depth: 18

Width: 30

Front wood thickness: 3/4 inches

Top shelf

Front Opening Height: 6 3/8

Internal Height: 8 1/2

Front width: 23

Glass width: 23

Shelf depth: 15 1/2

Middle shelf

Front Opening Height: 6 3/8

Internal Height: 7 1/2

Front width: 23

Glass width: 23

Glass depth: 15 1/2

Bottom shelf

Front Opening Height: 7

Internal Height: 8 1/2

Front width: 23

Glass width: 23

Glass depth: 15 1/2

There is a bar under each of the glass pieces that connects the front facade to the back wire housing. So the internal height it limited to the front opening height. However, if you are looking for air space then the bar is of no concern.

Want Natural 30" TV Stand Finish: Mocha Discount?

The audio stand was just as it appeared in the picture. Good quality, sturdy piece. Very easy to put together. Like the bar in the back, which does a pretty good job hiding all the wires from my stereo components.

Save $0.04 Off

No comments:

Post a Comment