Monday, October 21, 2013

Salamander Archetype Megaspikes - 4 Pack

Salamander Archetype Megaspikes - 4 Pack
  • Allows for highest degree of protection against vibration
  • Includes floor protector pads
  • Weight Capacity: 800 lbs

These heavy little guys are a solid addition to my 5-shelf Salamander Archetype rack. They stabilize & isolate the rack sufficiently to support my Clearaudio Concept turntable on the top shelf, without any vibration-borne effects. Just be careful they are sharp! and you might want to protect wood floors with a brass or steel coaster / disc. My rack holds about 150 lbs of components, and the points will create deep divots in the floor if they do not set on a coaster or disc. This all being said a great addition to a solid-performing rack.

Buy Salamander Archetype Megaspikes - 4 Pack Now

Ok these floor spike are in my opinion over priced but they are a physically pretty large, heavy and completely solid feeling. I found I had to put quarters under the spikes because I feared major floor damage which most certainly would have happened (this is not uncommon with any manufacturers floor spikes). The floor spikes make a good solid contact with the floor and did help reduce some vibrations that were effecting my stand.

I would have given five stars but I think for 5 stars they shouldn't do floor damage so I gave them 4. Would I buy them again, yes but its only a subtile difference in sound quality.

Read Best Reviews of Salamander Archetype Megaspikes - 4 Pack Here

These spikes are built SOLID! They do a very nice job of keeping my Archetype put. They are quite sharp regardless of their girth and do dig into the carpet to keep the shelf from moving. What else can I say, they're spikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment