Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Corner Cabinet Lazy Susan Hardware

Corner Cabinet Lazy Susan HardwareThis product is ok. It was easy to install (template provided helped a lot)and it now functions pretty well, after some tweaks. I installed it stand alone behind a bi-fold corner cabinet door (not attached to a rotating door). There were a couple of things I wasn't very pleased with. The shelf support hardware provided is held in place against the center post using a single screw (a set screw)and the same approach is used for connecting the 2 separate halves of the post (one nested inside the other with set screw to keep them aligned). When attempting to rotate the installed lazy susan by grasping and turning a shelf, there is a tendency instead for either the shelf hardware to rotate around the post (rather than the post rotating as it should) or half of the post to rotate within the other half of the post. The post issue I fixed by actually drilling through the inner piece and running the screw through both so they were positively engaged. The shelf supports, I have just tightened the set screws as tight as I can get them. I didn't want to drill these in the event that I wanted to adjust shelf position on the post.

The other issue with the shelf hardware is that it uses a single set screw, which, when tightened, tends to skew the hardware slightly so the the hardware is not exactly perpendicular to the center post. When you put a large 28" shelf on the hardware it is really unlevel. I ended up having to use some pieces of sheet aluminum as shims between the center hole of the hardware and the post to get the hardware to set evenely when the set screw was tightened down.

The final thing, which was just my mis-interpretation of what I was ordering, is that the 2 shelves don't rotate independently. The post itself rotates with both shelves rotating with it.

Overall not a bad product considerig what you pay for one of these that includes shelves etc. I used shelves I alread had from another lazy susan.

Everyday ol Joe can't install this product!! You need to be a skilled trim carpenter to make the adjustments, & to align the doors when trying center the upper & lower end of turntable pole. Very hard to to do for low skilled.

Buy Corner Cabinet Lazy Susan Hardware Now

No comments:

Post a Comment