Thursday, November 14, 2013

Jewelry Mirrored Chest in Champagne Finish

Jewelry Mirrored Chest in Champagne FinishI did a lot of searching before deciding to make this purchase. This included looking online as well as locally. I decided to purchase this chest because it had a champaign finish. I read reviews about the seller and saw good feedback. The chest arrived well packaged. My issue is with the product after I unboxed it. The chest arrived 2/12. While I was attaching the hardware I noticed the drawers and doors had a musty odor. I left the chest empty and left the drawers and doors open to air it out. After 2 days the smell was still there.

On 2/15 I contacted the seller and they provided the following comment from the manufacturer: "This is not totally unusual when dealing with imports from time to time. Please instruct your customer to spray some Lysol in the areas, and afterwards open the drawers up and keep them open for a couple of days to allow the scent to dissipate."

Well, today is 2/22 and I have followed that advice and the smell remains. I still have not been able to put items into the chest because I am still hoping the smell will go away. The chest is pretty but be advised there may be some issues with odor.

Save 19% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment