Monday, November 11, 2013

Simpli Home Acadian Collection Medium Storage Cabinet

Simpli Home Acadian Collection Medium Storage CabinetI'll take the opportunity to write a more thorough review of this item once I receive a replacement for the damaged cabinet I received, but I felt a note now about the quality control (or lack thereof) and/or poor shipping on the item I received was warranted.

I ordered this item on back order on April 6 (2013). When I finally received it on May 1, the box had a large hole and several other tears in the cardboard. As I unpacked the contents the pieces looked to be in good condition, however one of the last pieces in the box, the top, was damaged. The molding on one end was ripped clean off (total separation of staples and glue) and the molding on the other end was jarred out of position. There were also scrapes along the underside of one of the shelves. That wasn't as big of a deal.

This item was damaged during shipping, was packaged carelessly, or was damaged before it was packaged. I have requested a replacement. Since this problem is not Amazon's fault, and because they've made the exchange easy so far I'll give five stars just for service. FedEx and/or the manufacturer don't score so well. Unfortunately, I don't know who is responsible for the damage.

Be sure to pay close attention to how the pieces fit together in the box. If you have to return yours, you'll find that it's like a jigsaw puzzle. Happy shopping.

Nice and easy to assemble. The quality of the wood is much better than I expected. Well worth the money I paid.

Buy Simpli Home Acadian Collection Medium Storage Cabinet Now

No comments:

Post a Comment