Wednesday, November 13, 2013

South Shore City Life TV Stand, Pure Black Finish

South Shore City Life TV Stand, Pure Black FinishI can't say how lucky I am to be an Amazon Vine reviewer. A few months ago they blessed me with a new tv, it extended over the edges of my existing tv stand. Then, I saw this for review and snatched it up, perfect for my new TV! No more hanging over the edge with fear of my 6 year old bumping it as she bounced off the walls, lol. The stand itself is very lovely, especially for particly board, but you can hardly tell! The black goes with anything, and matches well with my other wood colored curio cabinet and coffee and end tables well. Since my TV is black, the two blend well together no problem. The frosted glass is what really makes this stand POP! and look classy, rich, and worth so much more money than it is. I am not sure I would pay the price if it wasn't free, but that is not to say it isn't worth the price vs. me being a broke college student who mostly buys the cheapest I can afford. I love, love, love this stand and am so happy to have gotten it as it really compliments my home and living room, and everyone loves it that sees it. If anything, it makes me want to buy nicer things now to slowly bring the rest of my home up to "code", lol. Which I have slowly been doing through the years anyways. Highly recommended. Stand is very heavy, requires two people two lift and put together and move, but isn't too difficult to put together with help.

First thing first this weighs over 100 pounds so be prepared to have help moving it into your house and placing it in the room it's going in.

Second I am not great at putting things together. I attempted this but had to wait for someone with more patience (ok, yes, my husband...)but he only cursed 3 times and had it together in about an hour so I'd have to say it wasn't that bad for someone who only occasionally puts things together (meaning, you don't have to be a carpenter or engineer.)

Third I did receive this for free for "testing/review purposes" so when it comes to price I have to ask myself, would I spend this amount of money (Amazon is charging 202.00$ ). It is particle board however, it's very sturdy and I love the design I've seen nothing like it while shopping for TV/Entertainment stands so I'd have to say I probably would buy this as it fits so well with my decor which is warm/rich/homey with modern touches.

I esp. love the cabinets and the cloudy panes. Unusual and so many people make positive comments on it!

It's not as sturdy as say...cherry or oak...but then again, you're not paying 800.00 dollars a good thing to keep in mind!

Buy South Shore City Life TV Stand, Pure Black Finish Now

This television stand offers many features. It has a deep and wide top surface for a 60-inch or smaller television. Numerous shelves provide places to put a satellite or cable receiver, a DVD or Blu-Ray player, a VCR, one or more video game consoles, and an array of other stuff. Two translucent glass doors provide access to two portions of the television stand where you might want to put things that typically require less access and do not need a remote for operation, since the glass would interfere with infrared remote operation.

The lower shelves have a back portion that keeps stuff from falling out the backside of the shelves. The back portion has multiple openings that permit cables to be routed to any components placed on the lower shelves. The openings are large enough that standard connectors easily pass through the openings, making connections between components easy and fast.

The stand is black with silver or aluminum accents, which include support posts and handles. The color is such that this stand would fit well with many room decors. Similarly, the color matches most electrical devices well.

This television stand comes disassembled, so be prepared to have some basic tools for assembly. Assembly requires at least a #2 and a #3 Philips screwdriver and a hammer. I also used a dead blow hammer to help push pieces together and to minimize the potential for damage during assembly, but the dead blow is for ease of assembly and is not required. It is definitely easier to put together with two people because of the weight of the components and the size of the components.

I thought assembly was generally easy without any complications. Two portions of the assembly require a bit of mechanical capability. The doors may need slight adjustment for best fit, which involves three possible adjustments and a bit of time if you tend to be a perfectionist. The other small challenge is nailing the back on the television stand, which ideally needs two people to keep the back in position while hammering the nails through the back and into the wood of the stand. A bit of care is needed to be sure the nails angle into the wood and not into air.

Speaking of weight, this television stand is heavy. Our "television room" is in the basement, which means that this 100 plus pound television stand had to go down the stairs. It took two of us to maneuver the stand down the stairs and out of the way. It also took both of us to get everything together. On the flip side, this stand has the strength to support your flat screen television and all the assorted paraphernalia that you like to attach to it.

This television stand is pretty, functional, and reasonably easy to assemble. Less expensive options exist, that may also be lighter, but they also have fewer features and are less attractive than this stand. If you are looking for something to complement your television room furniture that provides lots of room for electronics, a few movies, and other miscellaneous stuff, this stand could be the one for you.

Enjoy!

Read Best Reviews of South Shore City Life TV Stand, Pure Black Finish Here

Fingerprints and Dust collector is my only Bad about this Tv stand, Besides that it's perfect. I have a 60inch LED sitting on it, the stand has about 2 inches on each side longer than the Tv, Perfect..

Want South Shore City Life TV Stand, Pure Black Finish Discount?

Instructions were very clear. The stand is of great quality. I was afraid in the beginning when i received the package . [it was a little beat up] But once i opened the box, everything was intact perfectly. The silver accents go well with my Samsung silver flat screen.

Save 13% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment