Sunday, November 10, 2013

Winsome® Milan Low Storage Shelf with Baskets

Winsome® Milan Low Storage Shelf with Baskets.....when I read some of the mixed reviews on this product. I am a single mom and needed something in my kitchen for storage. This item appeared to be just what I needed. I read the reviews and was nervous to spend all that money! BUT, I took the chance and I am glad that I did. It is beautiful! I didn't find it difficult to put together at all. I assembled it in less than an hour with only myself and was watching the Cardinal baseball game in between! It seems very sturdy and serves a storage purpose efficiently. Definitely worth the money!

I was wanting something a little larger than what I got, and like other reviews, my husband was very cranky putting it together (yes, he needed my assistance). However, I needed a "functional" piece of furniture that would look nice in the living room and hide all of my toddler's toys, so it worked perfect in that aspect. I am toying with the idea of ordering another one to help balance the empty space of the living room wall that one doesn't accomplish...and of course to hide the many more toys that my daughter will undoubtedly accumulate over the next few years.

Buy Winsome® Milan Low Storage Shelf with Baskets Now

The finished shelf looks great, but was next to impossible to put together! My unit was missing a screw for the back, the middle shelf did not have pre-drilled holes (as the previous reviewer noted), one of the wooden dowels for holding the shelves in place was also missing, and one of the holes on the bottom shelf was not drilled straight, so the screw doesn't fit properly. Be forewarned: this shelf will take a LONG time to put together... the holes for the screws are hidden and close to the wood, which means you can only make one tiny fraction of a turn with the provided allen wrench at a time. It took me almost 2 hours to assemble.

Read Best Reviews of Winsome® Milan Low Storage Shelf with Baskets Here

This looks OK but it was really difficult to put together. Requires screwing in back panels into middle shelf which does not have predrilled holes, while holding all the pieces together. Needs 2 people.

Want Winsome® Milan Low Storage Shelf with Baskets Discount?

I was a bit concern after reading other reviews on getting this shelf, but when it came in, I put it together in less than two hours, on my own. It helps if you have at hand a small hammer and a set of allen keys. The allen key that came with the cabinet did not fit great, my standard key fit better. I was also careful in not to completely tighten the screws until the piece is all set together, and that helped a lot. The final cabinet is sturdy and nicely finished, even the back panel is properly finished. It looks great!

Save 9% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment