Thursday, November 21, 2013

Zenith Products 2214HB 4-Shelf Tub and Shower Tension Pole Caddy, Oil Rubbed Bronze

Zenith Products 2114S Tub and Shower Tension Pole Caddy, 4 Shelf, ChromeThis was one of the more disappointing purchases I have made in a long time. The "Satin Nickel" finish is realy just grey paint. We could live with that, however, when we installed it in our bath/tub shower combination guest bathroom the pole bowed and was very wobbly. I tried several measuers to reduce the wobblyness and was getting ready to try gluing the poles together when I decided to check out the reviews (we bought this at Home Depot). The reviews of the other version of this are terrible. I then found a stainless steel model from simplehuman and ordered it after seeing the 13 5 star ratings and nothing less. The 5 year warranty is incredible. I prefer to spend the money now instead of every 2 years.

I find that I have to replace my corner shower shelves about every two years as they get rusty. This is the first chrome one I've purchased and I was eager to install it. It looks really nice and is quite easy to assemble, but I am perpetually annoyed when I set things on it. The shelves tilt downward ever so slightly, so half the time when I set a shampoo bottle on one of them it comes tumbling off. It looks like I am stuck with this for the next two years.

Buy Zenith Products 2214HB 4-Shelf Tub and Shower Tension Pole Caddy, Oil Rubbed Bronze Now

I'm not sure if the reviews here are about this same product!?? I found the instructions to be well written, assembly relatively simple, poles and shelves nicely chrome finished and far more sturdy than I ever expected. I admit it would probably be wobbly if it was freestanding. But in this case it's right in the back corner of the tub , which I am assuming is exactly where it was designed to be placed and we've got it loaded up with 18 bottles of product, several of which are nearly full, weighing in at a whopping 20-32ounces, each. Although the instructions recommend carefully cutting off of the shortest pole in one inch increments as per a chart . . . I lazily opted out and completely omitted one of the pole sections to fit the lower ceiling in this particular bathroom. I truly expect this thing to last for years to come! I am storing the extra piece in the linen closet with the assumption that in the event of a move, this caddy is coming with me. I do gladly recommend this product!

Read Best Reviews of Zenith Products 2214HB 4-Shelf Tub and Shower Tension Pole Caddy, Oil Rubbed Bronze Here

I bought this item from a seller on Amazon, they failed to ship so Amazon directly and quickly handled the situation with sending me one that shipped directly from Amazon. I had a white one that lasted a year and rusted and began to look horrible. This replacement caddy is nice for the money. I can see it lasting for a longer period of time. The finish is nice as are the shelves. I am extremely pleased with this item and Amazon for their quick efforts to please their customers.

Want Zenith Products 2214HB 4-Shelf Tub and Shower Tension Pole Caddy, Oil Rubbed Bronze Discount?

I found this pole caddy easy to assemble, I didn't even need to read the instructions. The caddy fit between my tub ledge and ceiling using the two long poles.

The pole caddy did bow a little when I first tried to install it, but by pushing the caddy fully into the corner and making sure the spring-loaded top section was lined up correctly with the bottom of the pole, the bowing was corrected.

Some reviews mentioned that the shelves lean forward, the shelves on my caddy are level. I was able to fill the shelves with the multitude of hair-care products that my daughters use.

This pole caddy feels flimsy compared to the unit it replaced, but for $20 it was a better solution than trying to remove the rust from my old pole caddy.

Save 38% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment