Monday, December 9, 2013

Edsal CR4824 72 in.H x 48 in.W x 24 in.D 5-Tier Steel Muscle Rack Shelving Unit

Edsal CR4824 72 in.H x 48 in.W x 24 in.D 5-Tier Steel Muscle Rack Shelving UnitI just purchased the Muscle Rack "2300 Series" which appears to be much the same as this model. Don't waste your time. It is humanly impossible to assemble this unit. Literally every. Single. Place. that a tab is supposed to fit into a slot, the tab is too big. You end up trying to tap it in with a hammer, and in the process end up bending the metal pieces all out of shape, making matters worse. At one point I dropped the hammer I was using for this onto one of the lower shelves I had gotten somewhat together, and it punched a hole right through the particle board, which appears to be about one grade above cardboard. Save yourself hours of aggravation by buying literally anything else, including a gun to shoot yourself in the foot with, as even that would still yield more utility and enjoyment than this shelving unit.

I bought this product from Home Depot three years ago. Within a month, the particle board shelves were sagging (with barely any weight applied!!). The only thing it holds now are cleaning supplies and extra linen.

Buy Edsal CR4824 72 in.H x 48 in.W x 24 in.D 5-Tier Steel Muscle Rack Shelving Unit Now

I actually bought this product from Lowes during their black friday sale. It cost me roughly $45 for the shelving unit. It is said to hold 800 pounds per shelf. I thought it would save me some money rather then building my own. Boy was I wrong. Within a month the shelves were sagging with maybe 30 pounds of weight on them. The shelf that had about six 1 gallon paint cans half full looked like it was going to break. I am having to replace the particle board shelves they add.

They either need better quality shelves that can hold the weight or add a center beam to keep the shelf from warping. I would stay away from this product.

Read Best Reviews of Edsal CR4824 72 in.H x 48 in.W x 24 in.D 5-Tier Steel Muscle Rack Shelving Unit Here

I bought one of these racks and had it set up in about 15 minutes. Yes, the parts fit tight, but that better than a sloppy fit that wobbles later. The pins went in part way and I pushed them down the rest of the slot, gently with my foot. When done they look great. No tools needed, but you may want to use a rubber hammer or board to seat in the crosspieces properly.

Want Edsal CR4824 72 in.H x 48 in.W x 24 in.D 5-Tier Steel Muscle Rack Shelving Unit Discount?

I have 4 of these units now and plan to pickup more. I have found them quite simple to put together with nothing more than an old metal pipe wrench to bang the pieces into place (probably should have used a proper mallet!). Some of the particle board shelves were tight and I had to swap them around here and there to make them fit but nothing extreme. The only thing I can think to mention is the nice depth on these. Seems a lot of shelving units I looked at were somewhat shallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment