Friday, December 6, 2013

Prepac Elite Collection 32" Topper & Wall Cabinet with 2 doors

Prepac Elite Collection 32' Topper & Wall Cabinet with 2 doorsI finally finished installing these this weekend. They are absolutely gorgeous! I highly recommend this product and similar.

The instructions were very clear and easy except for a few things:

1) don't take apart the hinges before installing, like I did. Its actually so much better if you attach them to the doors first and then attach the doors to the installed cabinets as you will need some good leverage to tighten the screws.

2)There are two skinny boards for the back they only go in one direction to prevent a gap, and you will only know this because of where the predrilled hole is. There was no laminate on the edges of these skinny boards. I'm not too picky about that, but just so you know.

other advice for you: I had a 62" space to fill. I bought two 30" wide cabinets to hang next to each other. My laundry room is very small, and I had to remove all hooks and things on the walls so that i could squeeze these deep cabinets into that space. A space of a little less than a quarter inch was created between the cabinets because the screw heads stuck out slightly and hit against each other. After installation, I was left with a half inch space on each side next to the wall. Therefore, when you measure your space, give yourself at least an extra two inches so that you can maneuver, hold them on the sides, and allow for those screw heads (dont over tighten them).

My boyfriend and I agree, my laundry room looks a THOUSAND times better. Im not a fan of pressed wood, but the hardware is pretty solid and the laminate is extremely thick. The door handles make all the difference so classy! Another great thing about these the special hinges make it so this cabinet can be right up against a wall or another cabinet with doors. when the doors open, they actually move inward just slightly so that the face of the open door is just even with the side of the cabinet. I took the time to level them and keep them even by clamping, and I also screwed them into the studs with 3" screws. Follow all the instructions and you can't go wrong. Its an outstanding result, well worth the the time and effort. The 30" cabinet is pretty heavy, my boyfriend is strong so he could lift it above his head and we set it on top of an existing shelf there, otherwise, its likely a two person job to hang these. You might consider putting up a level shelf temporarily to set them on, if you are doing this yourself.

I researched white cabinets to use for storage in my garage. I have several "mills pride" cabinets in my garage purchased at Home Depot, but they have discontinued the line. I wanted a cabinet that was deeper than the traditional 12" depth and this cabinet fit my need. I am pleased with the quality and extra touches such as the nice handles, the routered edges to the cabinet doors and the finish. this cabinet would work well in any casual workspace such as workshop, utility room or garage. Assembly directions were easy to follow.

Buy Prepac Elite Collection 32" Topper & Wall Cabinet with 2 doors Now

I purchased two of these cabinets to use over the washer and dryer. They were well packaged and arrived in perfect condition. Assembly must have been pretty easy, because I did not hear any cussing while my son assembled and installed them. I read all of the Amazon reviews and shared the information with my son about counter-sinking the screws on the sides so the cabinets can butt up next to each other and look like one cabinet. These cabinets are very attractive and do not look cheap. I chose to buy two of these cabinets instead of the cabinet that is designed to go over the washer and dryer, because these end up being wider and deeper and fit better in the room.

Read Best Reviews of Prepac Elite Collection 32" Topper & Wall Cabinet with 2 doors Here

I cannot believe how nice these cabinets are for the money. To most it is very expensive just for a cabinet but believe me they are incredibly durable especially for the laundry room. Between towels, laundry detergent, fabric softner and all that other heavy laundry luggage we all have these cabinets are PERFECT. COuldn't be more happy with them!!!

Want Prepac Elite Collection 32" Topper & Wall Cabinet with 2 doors Discount?

After our 11 year old washing machine leaked on the remaining carpet in the laundry room, and my husband opted to fix it himself, I said, "This would be a good time to put in a new floor!" (The old one had been a carpet, and ripped out from a prior leak emanating from the old water heater). After my husband installed the floor, we decided to paint, which called for removal of wire shelving which had been above the dryer. It was the storage space for all laundry and cleaning products, rags, etc. in that area of the house. I made some cute curtains, we got a new lighting fixture, and when it was all done, I said, "wouldn't a cabinet look handsome there, (instead of wire shelving)?" I scoured the brick and mortar stores, i.e. Home Depot, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond; but to no avail. There was either no selection, puny selection or the cabinets in stock were way too huge!

When I finally realized that I could look online for such things, (I'm older); I found the cabinet in question at Amazon. It has all of the perfect dimensions, is quite deep, so that all of our stuff fits inside of it, and it matches the color scheme so well in the laundry room, that we didn't have to paint it, (as we had thought we would).

The cabinet is sturdy, extremely spacious inside, and very attractive; which makes this room now one of the more desirable places to be in our house!

I just love doing laundry now!!

Save 11% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment