Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Rev-A-Shelf RAS-ML-HDCR Heavy Duty Mixer Lift - Wire-Chrome

Rev-A-Shelf RAS-ML-HDCR Heavy Duty Mixer Lift - Wire-ChromeThis shelf hides the huge stand mixer that I love, but do not love sitting on my countertop. With the pull of two levers, it lifts very, very easily and smoothly up to countertop height and locks with a audible clank so that you know it is secure. Pull the two levers again and it lowers into your cabinet in a very controlled fashion.

It loses a star because the setup was very difficult for my husband and the carpenter working on our kitchen remodel. It took them three hours to figure out how to install this. Of course it was almost midnight when they started so being a bit exhausted may have contributed to their difficulties.

The mechanism requires a bit of cabinetry space. We mounted the hardware onto a store bought cutting board (you must supply your own shelf-this kit is only the mechanism) and had to trim it to approx. 15" for an 18" door opening. So both sides need about 1.5" of clearance for the hardware. This was installed in a base cabinet without a drawer. I don't know if it would work on a cabinet that had a drawer at the top. We put a sliding shelf under it and there should be just enough height to stack a couple of mixing bowls. I would look very carefully at your measurements first.

I'm extremely pleased with this very heavy-duty, smoothly operating mechanism. The assembly was problematic and it does eat a bit of cabintry space. But of course you recoup countertop space so it depends which is more valuable in your household.

This is a good product, and makes it possible to get those big mixers and food processors off the counter. The appliance lift is a rather big mechanism, but it works smoothly without the need for superior strength. It will, however, take up more room than you think. We were worried that it might be wobbily, especially when holding a heavy mixer. But it seems to be remarkably stable and does not move from side to side when using. It has worked for us.

Buy Rev-A-Shelf RAS-ML-HDCR Heavy Duty Mixer Lift - Wire-Chrome Now

Lift is sturdy enough but allows quite a bit of side to side movement. This is not a limiting factor just an annoyance. In my opinion it is somewhat over priced.

Read Best Reviews of Rev-A-Shelf RAS-ML-HDCR Heavy Duty Mixer Lift - Wire-Chrome Here

This product is a very heavy duty mixer shelf. My husband actually installed it in a cabinet that had a drawer over the door. If you are going to do this, make sure you measure carefully as the mixer shelf will take up the entire lower cabinet--from top to bottom. You need to allow room for the height of the mixer and for the fact that the mechanism swings all the way to the bottom of the cabinet. If you install in a cabinet with a drawer over it, please consider that the shelf for the mixer will not come up to the height of the counter top, but it will be approximately 4-5 inches below the counter top. I have a large 6-quart Kitchen Aid mixer which is quite tall and I am only 5'1" tall, so it works perfectly for me. It is actually at a more workable level for me than when it was sitting on the counter top. We found that installing it with this set up meant that the mixer would have to sit parallel to the counter due to the height restriction of having a drawer over the cabinet. The instructions were excellent and my husband said they were easy to follow. It does take a long time to install because you'll need to do a lot of precise measuring. My cabinets are white and we used a 3/4" thick x 15 3/4" deep piece of white prefinished shelving from Home Depot and my husband cut it approximately 20 1/2" long and left the 15 3/4" side uncut. The shelving works great because it is the recommended 3/4" thick and is finished on three sides. He placed a 2" high piece on the 15 3/4" backside as a 'backsplash' so that I can store attachments there and they won't slip off the shelf and end up in the back of the cabinet. The delivery was so quick we couldn't believe it. This device will be a God-send for me and I look forward to never again having to lift that heavy mixer from my cabinet.

Want Rev-A-Shelf RAS-ML-HDCR Heavy Duty Mixer Lift - Wire-Chrome Discount?

I purchased this device to lift a Kitchen Aid 6 qt mixer and a juicer. The cabinet is 20 inches wide and 23 inches deep. I ended up with a shelf for the mixer that was 15 1/2 in. wide by 21 in. deep. This was more than the instructions would have given me. I did several things to maximize the storage space.

First, I attached a board to the side of my workbench to simulate the side of the cabinet. I used masking tape to sketch the depth of the slab overhang, the slab thickness and the cabinet top thickness. I mounted one of the side mechanisms to the workbench board and kept adjusting its location so the shelf would provide internal clearance as well as come out and be just a little above parallel with the countertop when extended. The top surface of my workbench simulated the top of my countertop slab. This took a little trial and error, but it certainly was easier than trying to do this inside the cabinet. When satisfied, I made a carboard template of where the side mounting plate was located in relation the cabinet front and top. Then it was simply a matter of attaching the template to the cabinet and drilling some holes.

Some things to keep in mind:

1. My cabinet door hinges interfered with mechanism, so I had to add an additional 3/4' block to that side. I also removed the soft-closing device from one of the hinges and remounted it out of the way. This regained 1/2" more shelf width.

2. When I had the two side mechanisms on my workbench I should have adjusted the spring attachment bolt to the highest range. It is much easier to do this before you install the mechanism in the cabinet!!!

3. Keep in mind that the mechanism, when retracting, is at it lowest point as it enters the cabinet, then rises slightly when finally stowed. This could interfere with anything stowed below it. In my case, about 2/3 of the vertical interior cabinet space was used by this device.

Finally, let me say that this is one rugged and well made mechanism. I'm sure I could put at least 60 lbs on it and have it rotate out to cabinet height with little assistance. Just do what you can to understand its motion before you try to install it.

Save 73% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment