Sunday, December 15, 2013

Seville Classics 3-Shelf Home-Style Storage System

Seville Classics Expandable Closet Organizer STR05813, ChromeI am not an avid review writer yet I feel compelled to write this to spare others the sheer frustration and agony I experienced assembling this monster. So i put the sucker together earlier today and it took me a whopping 3 hours. What in the world. Also, the finished product was super unsteady, wobbling all over the place. I wondered what the hell the other reviewers were talking about sturdy my behind! In spite of that, I fully stocked the shelves with clothes, though I didn't dare hang anything until I mounted the son of a gun to the wall otherwise that monster was begging to come down. Heck, I'm surprised it didn't topple over and knock me out as I sat 2 feet away from it, staring, filled with regret. I kept gazing over at it throughout the day..terrified it would collapse and in the process perhaps murder human visitors and pets alike. Super uneasy, I logged back on to amazon and zoomed in on the stock photos of the thing. Theirs looked different. Very Different. Where the heck were all the black sleeves? Finally, I realized my mistake! I PUT ALL THE SHELVES ON UPSDE DOWN LIP UP! And I cannot for the life of me understand how you all didn't do the same thing. Why on earth would I assume it went down. Up makes more sense. Like a basket. Anyways, long story slightly less long...I disassembled and then reassembled and 45 minutes later I have work of art. I'm still scared to hang stuff on it before mounting(bad experience with other makeshift closets) but this beast is lookin good. UPDATE: STILL THRILLED WITH MY PURCHASE, BEST BUY EVER!

Very sturdy, easily put together -although repetitive and time consuming. Holds plenty of clothes and jackets and i have at least 60 hanging things on it. Exactly what I expected. Perfect for what I needed. Extra clothes wardrobe.

The drawback is that the height could be a little taller, meaning the shirts are too long as to fit on the upper and lower shelf simulataneously, because the bottom portion of the shirts drape on the floor if shirts are on lower tier. (if shirts are on upper tier they hang overtop the lower tier). Does that make sense???? In other words, if you hang two shirts up, one lower and one upper, one of the two shirts is going to either be touching the floor, or touching the lower tier where other clothers are hanging. Could be 6 inches taller i guess. Or just hang pants and shirts on different tiers?

But then again, I am a man, so female clothing would probably not overlap when hanging as much. I wear larges. This was my only concern, otherwise its perfect for what i needed.

Buy Seville Classics 3-Shelf Home-Style Storage System Now

I recently built a new house, and can't afford the built in closet that I want at the moment, so rather than just installing closet rods, I decided to buy a couple of these until I can afford to do what I really want.

Assembly is fairly simple, and the instructions are sufficient, if not as detailed as I would like. It took about 45 minutes to completely assemble the first one, and I expect the second one to take 25 minutes or so.

I am pretty satisfied with the sturdiness, although you cannot completely expand the rods and keep the stability. I would say you lose about 6-8 inches length.

The organizer is OK to look at, but would have been more attractive in a brushed chrome finish instead.

It includes a little strap to screw it to the wall to increase stability, but if I load it up enough to make it wobbly, I will probably brace it with something other than a little cloth strap.

Read Best Reviews of Seville Classics 3-Shelf Home-Style Storage System Here

This is a beautiful solution to my wardrobe problem. I will concur with the other reviewer it could use another 6 inches as it is. I moved the bottom bar down one notch and the top bar up one notch so the top bars clothes dont hang into the bottoms bar but this leaves a bottom rack that is only good for skirts and shorts! it is problematic however I have loads of skirts and shorts so it works for me. If you are tall this probably will b e aggravating for you but if your petite this is an amazing sturdy really nice rack. It expands a long way you can fit tons of clothes on it without any problems :)

Want Seville Classics 3-Shelf Home-Style Storage System Discount?

I use these closet organizers for an odd purpose: convention/expo shelving. Typical convention booth structures cost thousands of dollars. I can buy one of these shelving units, have it shipped free (Prime membership, baby) to the convention city and set it up in less than 30 minutes. I turn the top two shelves out at about waist height so I can put brochures and other paperwork on them and use the other shelves to display my products.

The chrome shines nicely under convention floor lights and looks extremely professional. Best part? I don't pay to ship it home. I drop it off at a local charity thrift store to be sold and benefit the people in the community where I have just exhibited.

It does take some planning to put this thing together and the layout that the instructions suggest might not be the best for you. You should consider that it will take you at least two builds to get this thing the way you really want it. But it's worth the effort. Oh, and don't forget that you have to put everything on in order, starting from the bottom up. So if you want to add a piece in the middle, you'll have to take all the stuff above it off. I use a rubber mallet to seat the shelves and to take it apart when I'm done at the convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment