Friday, December 27, 2013

Welland Set of 3-Piece Cosmos Cube Shelf Wall Displaying Shelving

Welland Set of 3-Piece Cosmos Cube Shelf Wall Displaying ShelvingI've been looking for shadow boxes for quite some time in white which I found difficult to find in the size I was looking for. These definitely have quality. They're a little tricky to hang. I'm very happy with this purchase. As always, Amazon takes your order seriously and gets it to you quickly.

After entirely too much time debating shelving for our minuscule bathroom, we ordered these shelves, as the ability to configure them how we need was really appealing.

Everything you need to install these items comes with the order, except for any details. More on that in a moment.

The shelves themselves feel very sturdy. They look kind of like melamine, but seem to be a wood-composite with some sort of plastic lacquer. They will likely scratch if you aren't careful with really rough items, but they are perfect for every day use (ours have lotions, hair gel, perfume/cologne bottles, etc) They also can be wiped down with just a damp cloth.

My reason for complaint comes with the install. They didn't provide directions, which was fine, except I had to figure out what drill bit size I needed for the pilot holes. They come with the weirdest wall anchors i have ever seen, so guessing the size isn't actually that easy. You will need a 1/4 bit, fyi. The anchors themselves are totally flat on the "out" side, meaning that they are super easy to have push right through and live inside the wall. I cannot express how helpful needle-nosed pliers are for holding the anchor from falling through while drilling in the screws. And you do have to drill in the screws. The anchors (again, weird) do not have a hole in them. As the screw punches through, it does bore a hole, but as there is no lip to keep the anchors from disappearing forever, I highly advise having pliers on standby.

Once I finally got the shelves up, I was very pleased. They sit nicely against the wall, and feel fairly sturdy (not that i trust the anchorsi had to use a number of them that I had around the house). They look really nice, and I am pleased with them. Just don't expect a painless install.

Buy Welland Set of 3-Piece Cosmos Cube Shelf Wall Displaying Shelving Now

No comments:

Post a Comment