Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Elevate 47" TV Stand Finish: Espresso

Elevate 47' TV Stand Finish: EspressoI was disappointed that you can't find a lot of online reviews for this product so I felt I had to post my own. I bought the Honey Oak finish, which is the same style and build as the Espresso. I dealt with the company direct and was able to get a color sample, a 4"x6" piece of the wood, sent to my home to see if it matched my bedroom furniture. It was almost a perfect match so I called Evan and placed my order. I bought the cabinet, along with the IR repeater, which is a sensor that allows you to store your cable/satelitte receiver inside the cabinet while still being able to control it with your remote. The repeater has two sensors which allows you to hook up a dvd or Blu ray player as well but putting these units in the cabinet do not make sense as you still would have to load discs. The repeater wires are long enough to allow you to store the dvd/blu ray player under the foot of your bed which is what I was going to do. I then realized I could run my HDMI cable under the rug and behind my armoire and have my Oppo BDP-93 Blu Ray player out in the open where it looks fine. As a result, I don't need the second repeater sensor as I have an unobstructed line of sight to the player.

Ordered the cabinet on a Tuesday and it was suppose to be shipped Fed Ex. Evan called me later that day and said they were delivering a high end cabinet to NY and saw that my town in NJ was on the way(they are located in Philly) so they could personally deliver it on Thursday if I was ok with that. This was a no-brainer and I said I was absolutely ok with that arrangement. Evan showed up himself with a helper and they actually brought it upstairs to my bedroom and set it up at the foot of my bed. It's likely that this unit will be shipped to you FedEx but if you're lucky enough to have it delivered by the manufacturer, that's a nice perk. I mounted my 40" Toshiba and placed my receiver inside the cabinet. Hooked up the IR repeater and everything worked just like it was suppose to.

The only knock I have on this cabinet is that when it lowers it has a little "slam" effect. Nothing major, but some felt on the inner lip will probably solve this issue. Like I said, I have a 40" LCD but given how close the cabinet is(the foot of my bed) a 32-37" would be a better size. Ideally, If you pick up a flat panel under 40" with an integrated DVD player, that would probably be the best bet for bedroom/foot-of-the-bed placements. One note: You need to have your TV mounted in the cabinet before operating the lift. It will work without the TV mounted, but the lift will not retreat all the way down without the weight of a TV. I only bring that up just so you don't think the lift is broken if it doesn't go all the way down for you out of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment