Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ikea Expedit 4 Shelving Unit Black-Brown

Ikea Expedit 4 Shelving Unit Black-BrownI personally purchased 2 of these shelves back 3 years ago, I paid $49.99 each at Ikea between Cincinnati and Dayton Ohio, I was so impressed with the quality and easy assembly, that I went back 2 weeks later and purchase 6 more, I already have some shelving for my 5,000 plus record collection, but needed to replace some of them.

These shelves are very sturdy and I stack them 2 high, for 8 total slots, 3 years without any issues holding the records, these shelves look nice and quite frankly, look like something that would cost 3 times as much assembled.

I can see nothing wrong with these shelves, especially if your budget minded, It angers me that someone would give the product a 1 star review based on a third party seller's mark up of the Ikea Price, $39.99 from Ikea? that was not what I paid, but they could have dropped in price, I don't know "for sure" what shipping costs are, I do know sometimes shipping is based on distance and can get very expensive, especially over seas orders.

These shelves are the perfect size, there is no overhang of your records either, which supposedly is bad for them over time. meaning there is plenty of depth, the width and height is perfect too.

My concern is the product, not the third party seller as it should be, The Expedit shelf it is a good product that I personally use, just be aware, shop around, double and triple check shipping charges.

These little racks/shelves are perfect for us Vinyl collectors and hold a fair amount of 12" records even with dust sleeves! My review is based only on the fact that this seller is charging too much for this product and I dont want to see anyone get ripped off when they can buy these directly from IKEA for $39.99 (or you can by a 2x4 version for $69.99 from IKEA as well).

Buy Ikea Expedit 4 Shelving Unit Black-Brown Now

I'm not often inclined to write a review for a product, but this one is worthy. I was looking for an attractive storage solution for my 350+ vinyl records and the IKEA Expedit gets it done in spades! Found this unit by scouring the web. It is EXTREMELY well built, strong, durable and attractive. My six year old daughter and I put it together in roughly 15 minutes. All tools are included and no glue is needed. Instructions are even amusing! I honestly believe this shelf would hold an anvil or an engine block with no problem. When it was assembled, both of my kids and myself sat on it just as a test and the unit didn't give AT ALL. It holds my heavy vinyl records with absolutely no problem and it looks great while doing it. The finish is a very durable plastic veneer of some kind, but it looks very much like real ebony. (I ordered the black/brown finish.) The design is hip and contemporary, and it's a perfect compliment to my music room. Can't recommend this product enough. Great job IKEA! Two thumbs up!!! **NOTE you can get it directly from IKEA for $60 + shipping. I'd skip Amazon. (Sorry Amazon, no hard feelings)

Read Best Reviews of Ikea Expedit 4 Shelving Unit Black-Brown Here

I have this item and it is a nice addition to my office furniture. I expanded on the Ikea Expedit 8-Shelf unit & desk. It is really nice. Someone mentioned a hole in their product. I would think there is some faulty equipment in every line of production. If not you wouldn't have irregular items being sold at Ross, Marshalls, or TJ Maxx. Anyway it is a very nice shelving unit and I would recommend it. The only issue I had was not reading the details. When I first purchased this item I bought with the intention of using it with the desk that connects to the 8-piece unit. Well I quickly realized the top was too thick...so I went back & purchased the proper shelf & kept this one. Also, I was disappointed I couldn't add feet like I invisioned...only coasters. Still I'm glad I choose this group. Worked out well for me. At some point I'll buy the baskets for storage. I purchased this directly from Ikea because I live in the Atlanta area. At that time the price was $49, but they tend to go down $10 or so after a few years. Hope this helped in your decision.

Want Ikea Expedit 4 Shelving Unit Black-Brown Discount?

This shelving unit is about $28 cheaper if you buy it direct from IKEA. But if you don't have one near you, or don't want to wait the week or so it will take to ship it to you, it is worth the extra money (for me) to get it now.

Easy to put together, took me about 30 minutes, will probably take someone who is very familiar with IKEA's assembly instructions about 15 minutes.

I have around 85 vinyl records, and they will all fit into just one of the cubes. So now I need to start adding to my collection!

I am very happy with this for storing vinyl records upright (you should not store them laying down, you can warp them).

No comments:

Post a Comment