Saturday, January 4, 2014

Knape & Vogt 208 TI 550 Ultimate "L" Bracket Titanium 22"

Knape & Vogt 208 TI 550 Ultimate 'L' Bracket Titanium 22'I ordered 8 to put up a couple 8 ft. long, 2 ft. deep plywood shelves in the garage. They installed fine and appear to be consistent in quality and dimensions.

I installed them through sheet-rock into studs, and you'll need 3 lag bolts per bracket to install. I used 3 1/2 inch long, 5/16 inch lag screws. To affix the shelf to the bracket, I used 1 inch #8 machine screws and bolts that I countersunk flush with the plywood. You can use up to 3 screws per bracket to affix the shelf, but I only used two.

As some other reviewer mentioned, if you are concerned about the appearance, they are painted a gray-ish silver. Do not expect to get "shiny" stainless steel or aluminum type look that the picture indicates.

In the end...it's a shelf bracket! But I had no luck finding any this size at my local DIY store...Amazon to the rescue again!

They worked great for me but I did notice that they are not a perfect 90 degrees. I mounted them as advised with 3" 5/16 lag screws. I used two of them with a ¾" thick 22" X 24" plywood board and mounted my 80 pound air compressor on the garage wall.

Buy Knape & Vogt 208 TI 550 Ultimate "L" Bracket Titanium 22" Now

Ordered two of these brackets. One came defective. Was only given 3 days to return and didn't open the package in time. Brackets look like a shiny metal in picture but are actually painted an ugly flat gray.

Read Best Reviews of Knape & Vogt 208 TI 550 Ultimate "L" Bracket Titanium 22" Here

These are heavy duty brackets. There is no give in them which I needed for a countertop installation. The only negative is the paint is a bit soft and marks easily.

Want Knape & Vogt 208 TI 550 Ultimate "L" Bracket Titanium 22" Discount?

I was looking for an inexpensive bracket that was large to put under a countertop that hangs off without a cabinet under it. everything I was finding was $150. this inexpensive bracket work perfectly and supports the countertop very solidly. it is a silvery colors so it's not very decorative but it also doesn't stick out so you don't see it. at least it solved my problem

No comments:

Post a Comment