Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lifetime 60005 8-by-10-Foot Outdoor Storage Shed with Windows, Skylights, and Shelving

Lifetime 60005 8-by-10-Foot Outdoor Storage Shed with Windows, Skylights, and ShelvingI did alot of research before purchasing this shed on sale at 997! All other reviews have been awesome on other sites... and I can't say how the winter / snow will be since we haven't had to deal with that yet. However, the beams do seem very strong, and there are a bunch of them, so I can't forsee any trouble.

However, there are more then 500 screws that go into this, so it will take 3-4 hours to build, 2 adults. It is easy to build, nice shelveing and slots to hang things, etc. One inner light, 2 vents and a window that does open. All in all a great shed for the money. It really looks nice too, our neighbors have commented on it.

We had no problems with the instructions, and the doors went on easily and aligned perfectly. They open wide, so no need to worry about them reclosing or not enough room. Roomy inside, 8 x 10. Left door has its own lock to keep it shut, and space to lock both doors from outside.

I have to admit that I am very satisfied with the lifetime shed, came in two heavy boxes on a pallet and I had to move and put together by myself, but was very pleased with the outcome. I would strongly suggest making sure that you have a level and solid surface to place it on, makes all the difference in the world. The shed stays relatively cool and it stays dry, and this is Florida, locks up securely, although I did put a solar security light on mine. So far very happy with this purchase.

Buy Lifetime 60005 8-by-10-Foot Outdoor Storage Shed with Windows, Skylights, and Shelving Now

Ceva delivered two heavy boxes, not at the end of my driveway, but carried them into my backyard for me. Right on time, exactly when they said they would. Friendly, promptly, courteously. Cleaning out and knocking down the old shed was the hardest part. Most of it was put up by two people on the first day. All the parts are labeled, but my complaint about that is the part number on the piece you are assembling does not match the letter in the instructions. YOu have to refer to the front of manual each time to make sure you are using the right part. I'm over 60, female, and used a college boy to help me. I put the customer service number on speed dial, and they were super! I must have called them 8-10 times to clarify what I was seeing in the pictures (it's an all picture instruction manual). Once you start putting up the walls, you have to finish the roof to stabalize the structure. We were working in a stiff wind, so it was a challenge. Pushing in the side panels which I have done before on smaller sheds was not "a snap". We had to raise the floor with shims (provided) and the hard wood (also provided). We eventually got on a roll with it, but some of the panels would pop out again. We worked from 10 am thru 8pm and finished everything except the top pieces of the roof. My helper was not available the next day, so I tried finishing it myself but was unable, due to neck problems. I asked the crew boss of the lawn service if I could borrow one of his men for 10 minutes, and although he didn't speak English, he was able to decipher the picture manual and finish the shed very quickly. Three people would have finished the shed in less time, probably in 8 hours. That third hand comes in handy for a few minutes at a time. No special tools needed, everything was included. It's beautiful. My 6 yr old grand daughter wants to use it as a playhouse..lots of light. It is now full of tools, bicycles, lawn mower, and plenty of boxes. We had torrential rains and flood watches a few days later with winds to 30mph. It held like a champ, although a little water came in around the skylights. A dab of silicone will fix that, but everything else was dry!

I would give it five stars but I feel a little refining of the assembly manual is needed. Five stars for customer service.

Read Best Reviews of Lifetime 60005 8-by-10-Foot Outdoor Storage Shed with Windows, Skylights, and Shelving Here

First of all, I really liked the size of this shed and looks like a playhouse. We had to have a bottom floor put in to accommodate the size. Putting together this size was a HUGE challenge. The instructions were just pictures as to how it looks like. So many screws (better more than less which is okay) to track. It was heavy plastic but it jiggles and some of the parts were bent. It took us 2 1/2 days to put everything where it should be except for some remaining parts which we don't know what to do with. Putting the roof was the biggest stumbling block because someone has to press from the top so that the screw can be put in right from underneath. You can't lean on the walls as it comes off the floor. One thing that I really want to mention is the problem with the door. We had to adjust the screws holding that door a number of times because of the alignment. The lock was too short so the door keeps on popping open. Because the door was bent, rain water comes in and so we had to put plastic and cardboards so it does not collect on the floor or the stuff we put in will be sitting in water. There is no way to return just a piece or replace a piece (like the door bec it was bent) and we are not willing to take it all apart and put them back in the box.

For the delivery, we expected that they would be able to put it off the driveway and nearer where we were panning to put it. NOPE, he came, dropped it in the middle of the driveway and gone. The man said nothing except to make us sign that it was delivered.

Want Lifetime 60005 8-by-10-Foot Outdoor Storage Shed with Windows, Skylights, and Shelving Discount?

The shed looks wonderful and is a great size. The instructions are horrible. Also, there is no information on the fire rating which I need for my local city. I love the shed though.

Save 47% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment