Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ameriwood Double Door Pantry, 30-Inch Wide

Ameriwood 7348025BY Double Door Pantry, 30-Inch Wide, CherryIf you need additional no-frills storage for a reasonable price, this is the right cabinet. Roomy with plenty of shelves. Assembly was time consuming (over an hour) but straightforward. Aligning doors takes a while if you are not familiar with adjusting hinges. Material is melamine laminated particle board with cardboard back panel. Prefab design, pre-punched hole locations, etc. make for very good fit and finish. We're happy with it.

I ordered this because Ameriwood products are made in America. However, when the box arrived, it was a Brookshire Creations brand cabinet identical to the advertised cabinet, but it's made in Canada. Granted, that's better than Chinese garbage, but I bought & paid for an American made product. Due to the brand difference, the cherry finish does not match my Ameriwood wardrobe. I'm leaving a positive review of the product itself... it was of fine quality, and easy to assemble. I'm just irritated that I didn't receive what the description indicated. Buyer be warned.

Now that the rant is over, on to the review:

The unit is made of a plywood like composite, much better than particle board. The hinge mounting locations are very sturdy, recessed deeply into the wood. The doors were easy to install & adjust by a single person... easier than my Ameriwood wardrobe, I'm sad to say. When I first attached them, there was a 1/2" gap between them, but with a little adjustment to the hinges, I got it down to 1/16"... perfect. The bottom shelf can hold 50 pounds, the permanent shelves can hold 35 pounds, and the 2 adjustable shelves can hold 30 pounds. The veneer is very nice, where it wasn't scratched & gouged from substandard packaging. Fortunately, all the really bad scratches & gouges were on the inside or very bottom. Assembly took me around 90 minutes from opening the package to tightening the last hinge screw.

All in all, if American made doesn't matter to you above all else, this is a fine unit that will serve you well for years to come.

Buy Ameriwood Double Door Pantry, 30-Inch Wide Now

It took a long time to put together, which would be fine if the end product was what was pictured. We couldn't get the doors to meet not matter how much adjusting we did with the hinges. It's a silly looking cabinet in our kitchen with a pretty noticeable gap running down the center. I like the size of the cabinet so it meets my storage needs, but if it wasn't so hard to return, I don't think I would've kept it.

Read Best Reviews of Ameriwood Double Door Pantry, 30-Inch Wide Here

Package arrived beat up. Scratches and chips on the finish. Broken footer board. We fixed it because we didn't want to mess with it to send it back. But, give me a break. The supplier must have bought this product from the bottom of a clearance pile.

Want Ameriwood Double Door Pantry, 30-Inch Wide Discount?

Box arrived damaged and open on one end...some pieces were damaged....very poor quality overall...I would not recommend this even for storage in your basement or garage

Save 37% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment