Wednesday, February 12, 2014

ClosetMaid 2-Door Laminate Stacker Organizer

ClosetMaid 896500 2-Door Laminate Stacker Organizer, AlderWe do love the closetmaid stackable units, but the doors on this unit are not supported well. Within 1-2 weeks both doors had fallen off from use. Now these are in my 3 year old sons room, so he might not be gentle when opening them, but they shouldn't have broken that quickly. The unit itself is fine though. We have bought two more of these since then, but we didn't install the doors. Works fine as a open bookshelf.

This is not a bad item but you get what you pay for. I'm living in Germany right now and storage is lack-thereof here. I purchased these in a local store and it works well for what I need it for (as an extra pantry). I plan to buy another since they are stackable.

The only real downsides for me were that the laminate can become easily chipped. As I was putting it together a small corner was already broken off and another piece went as I was joining boards. Both managed to be in places that are hideable. Also the holes for the magnetic pieces were not drilled in the doors. Don't know if this is how they come or if it was a factory line miss/defect.

All in all it serves its basic purpose and I will continue buying these Closetmaid products. Just don't expect it to be a piece that will last forever, especialy if you move as often as I do in the military.

Buy ClosetMaid 2-Door Laminate Stacker Organizer Now

This item is nice looking and works for my purposes. The only problem is that I don't remember anything in the information indicating that it "must" be attached to the wall. If I'd known that earlier, I probably wouldn't have bought it. For my purpose it works without the extra stability of the wall. If I had small children, however, I'd want it fastened to the wall so that it wouldn't tip over. The place I had planned on putting it, wouldn't have worked for the wall stabilization. So I think that the wall stabilizer should be mentioned in the overall information, so people are aware before buying.

Read Best Reviews of ClosetMaid 2-Door Laminate Stacker Organizer Here

Product is cheap and made with cheap products. It is about what I expected, thus I have no complaints in that department. My complaint is in the packaging and shipping that, in turn, gave me a damaged product. Oh it is just a few nicks andsince it isn't anything more than storage,I can live with that. But to put an item in a shipping box three times it's size with no packing materials, causing item to shift during transport, is ridiculous. The box it came in was ripped to shreds. I thought ordering it from here would be more convent, as I have never had any problems with Amazon. But I will next time not place a order like this, instead will find something local to purchase.

Want ClosetMaid 2-Door Laminate Stacker Organizer Discount?

well, there is a reason these are so cheap compared to everything else on amazon. They are made of low grade particle board. But you'd get the same thing from wal mart. My suggestion to make them last a little longer would be to fill the peg holes on the doors with super or wood glue before sticking the pegs in. Let it sit over night, set the doors and put the top on.

No comments:

Post a Comment