Friday, February 21, 2014

Umbra Birdseye Steel Wall Hooks, Black

Umbra Birdseye Steel Wall Hooks, BlackI liked the look of this wall mounted coat hook. It's actually sturdier than it looks in the picture, which was certainly a plus. It's also attractive. The birds are unique and look good enough that even when the rack is empty, it's still nice looking.

It has two hooks and two knobs for hanging things. Really, this can only fit two coats, unless they're lightweight jackets. The hooks are wide, and a little shallow, so it can make hanging bulkier coats a bit difficult unless your coat has one of those tabs inside the collar for hanging, and it's wide enough to fit over the hook. I was hoping to be able to fit coats and hats on it, but hats don't stay on the hooks or knobs very well if there's more than one coat.

I'd recommend this for light jackets, scarves, kid's jackets, and other small things. For bulkier, heavy coats and hats, I'd recommend getting something bigger that can hold them more easily.

Got my birdseye hook and it s very nice sturdy metal and is as pictured. The only thing I didn't realize from the picture is that in order to mount it you do not hang it on nails the two end "knobs" of this piece are actually screws that need to go into your wall at about 3/4". This does come with what I think are dry-wall mounting pieces. Just thought folks should be aware.

Buy Umbra Birdseye Steel Wall Hooks, Black Now

Since the unit is not wide enough to span wall studs, they've helpfully included two sheetrock anchors. Unfortunately, they are not very high quality and bent out of shape as I tried to put them in! Luckily we had a few heavy-duty anchors left over from another project that fit.

I love it now that it's installed! Very cute.

Read Best Reviews of Umbra Birdseye Steel Wall Hooks, Black Here

I ordered this for my bathroom and love the way it looks after I finally got it up on the wall. As others have noted, the anchors that are included for installation are flimsy and one broke during installation. I ended up using another way to anchor it.

Want Umbra Birdseye Steel Wall Hooks, Black Discount?

Very nice, unique style, priced well. It is not designed to be a foyer coat rack but that is how I will use it. The holes are not spaced to permit installation into studs, therefore if a heavy coat pulls it off the wall, I will adjust the installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment