Saturday, March 29, 2014

BDI Mirage 8222, Enclosed A/V Tower ( Satin Black with Black Glass Top)

BDI Mirage 8222, Enclosed A/V TowerWhile I love this rack I must admit that at $1,000. I think a fair price for this BDI unit would be about around $700.

The unit ships assembled which seems odd; there's really no reason to do this and I'm sure this only adds to shipping and production cost.

The Door and Top are glass. I love how the door has a slow close feature.

The unit is a bit bigger than I thought and I wish they made a unit that was one shelf smaller. I removed the wheels to lower the unit since I won't ever move it more than a few inches.

Overall I like the design and quality but I wish it was less expensive.

Overall well-designed and constructed. Generally as described except for a few issues: 1. The 'open back' or 'removable back' is not all that open. There is a structural frame on the back which will block access to the bottom shelf (where one would logically keep their heavy and highly-connect eqpt.), so access is very obstructed. The removable piece fits within this frame. 2. The casters do not pivot/swivel; they only move forward and back. 3. My unit came with a few cracks on the back but these seem more cosmetic than structural; Amazon rectified the problem. 4. Can't seem to get the door straight. Shouldn't have these issues with $1000 cabinet.

Buy BDI Mirage 8222, Enclosed A/V Tower ( Satin Black with Black Glass Top) Now

Pros: Its a solid product. I brought it to store equipment for a home theater setup. It looks great! It looks like it was made to match the piano black B & W speakers and other equipment I purchased for this home theater installation.

Cons: The delivery company. I order this under Amazon Prime, two-day delivery. This product was delivered about two or more days late, so it missed my installers. I had to keep calling the company to inquire about the delivery. They kept telling me it was out for delivery and it never arrived. I finally called Amazon and that same night, someone in a pickup truck pulled in my driveway at 7:30 PM. The driver asked me for help to get the item in my front door. After being late, outside his delivery window, and requiring help getting the product inside my front door, I expected more assistance with this hugh box; however, he stated delivery inside the front door was all he was required to do. If I had another source for this product, I would have refused this delivery and took it up with Amazon later. I reviewed the paperwork and discovered this was a two person job but only one small guy in a red pickup truck showed up. I guess I was expecting something more during the holiday season and to make up for the very poor customer service.

Read Best Reviews of BDI Mirage 8222, Enclosed A/V Tower ( Satin Black with Black Glass Top) Here

No comments:

Post a Comment