Monday, March 24, 2014

HON Overfile Storage Cabinet for Lateral File

HON 9318P 36-Inch by 18-Inch Overfile Storage Cabinet for Lateral File, BlackOverfile storage arrived as promised with packaging intact.

As I unpacked it, I noticed some signs of wear on the doors as if they were rubbing when sliding in the tracks. In my home office for personal filing, it was not a deal breaker. I should ask for some touch up paint.

As for the installation, it was simple enough. I managed to heft it onto my 4-drawer lateral without dropping, scraping, or self-injury (after removing all that was installed to allow the mounting holes to be drilled into the file and screws driven). The cordless drill was handy for this. My pregnant wife watched in the wings to give aid or call 911.

The unit itself clearly showed abrasions from the doors rubbing together. When reassembling the shelves, dividers and doors, I thought something was missing or wrong. Much to my disappointment, the design is just the doors sliding in plastic tracks which are not actually attached or snapped or clipped to the cabinet. No bearings, no wheels, no glide feet, no screws or tape. I was, again, disappointed considering the cost and HON's reputation.

The doors still scrape together when you open or close them. They fit my needs and I did a lot of research. I do NOT want to ever have to replace these so I paid the price for what should last.

I do recommend this cabinet.

Save 46% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment