Saturday, May 31, 2014

Con-Tact Brand Self-Adhesive Shelf Liner, Natural Cork, 18-Inch by 4-Feet

Con-Tact Brand Self-Adhesive Shelf Liner, Natural Cork, 18-Inch by 4-FeetI use this to put cork backings on tile trivets and coasters. It does a fabulous job; the adhesive adheres smoothly and makes backing the trivets a breeze. The trivets have uneven backs but when the cork goes on, the backing seems completely smooth. It doesn't trim at all well with a razor blade or box cutter, but trims perfectly with scissors. Hint: apply it to the surface you want to cover FIRST, then trim the edges with scissors.)

Firstly, the manufacturer's description, "acid free glossy clear liner. Protects horizontal and vertical surfaces, see through to surface." currently on the Amazon product page is wrong. This is a self-adhesive natural cork, and thus both somewhat spongy/porous and opaque, liner that is about the width of a quarter-dollar coin.

I bought this at a retail store, in conjunction with the purchase of some teak coasters that were nice-looking, but that did not have any padding to protect my newly refinished table tops. I didn't want the cork to be visible, so I traced the coasters, cut pieces that were slightly smaller than my tracings with scissors, peeled the paper off, and stuck the cork to the less attractive side of each coaster. (If the lines on the paper backing are not needed, I would advise drawing or tracing on the cork side, as I was able to cut more neatly with the scissors on that side.)

I was happy with the result, but noticed, as I was putting the wrapper back on the unused portion of the roll, some fine print on the label: "CAUTION: Not for use on lacquered or urethane surfaces. Finish damage may occur." I assume that means that the adhesive may damage lacquered or urethane surfaces, but I am not sure whether it refers also to the cork side; I would suppose not, but will certainly test the coasters before using them on the finer surfaces in my home. Some clarification from the manufacturer as to its warning would certainly be welcome. Otherwise it is a great product, and I wish only that it were available in a wider and/or longer roll.

Update: I've used the coasters, non-sticky cork side down, of course, on the table tops for several weeks, with no damage to the surface, so I would suppose that the manufacturer warning regarding damage refers only to lacquered or urethane surfaces to which the adhesive side of the cork came into contact.

Buy Con-Tact Brand Self-Adhesive Shelf Liner, Natural Cork, 18-Inch by 4-Feet Now

I have some old shelves throughout the home and I decided to line all of them with this cork paper. It is great, easy to use and has really upgraded the cabinets and drawers.

Read Best Reviews of Con-Tact Brand Self-Adhesive Shelf Liner, Natural Cork, 18-Inch by 4-Feet Here

This cork adhesive is great. I don't really use it as shelf liner, I use it mostly for decorative purposes to decorate boxes and other things. Great look!

Want Con-Tact Brand Self-Adhesive Shelf Liner, Natural Cork, 18-Inch by 4-Feet Discount?

I'm a big fan of this stuff. I first used it under a coffeemaker to catch those extra drips and drizzles from ruining the countertop. I also use it under the kitchen sink. Its not thick like a corkboard, but it looks and works great.

Save 21% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment