Tuesday, May 20, 2014

KidKraft® Avalon 3 - Shelf Bookcase

KidKraft Avalon Tall Bookshelf - WhiteI never write reviews, but this product was so bad that I feel compelled to warn other prospective buyers. We purchased this bookshelf for our girls' playroom for their books. We assembled it correctly and strapped it to the wall. Even so, it is in no way stable enough to be filled with books. It quickly buckled under the effort and was a hazard for the kids. The shelves were ready to give way at any moment so we took all the books off and piled them on the floor which became a different kind of hazard. We have replaced this bookshelf with a different one now and have had to pay twice for the bad experience. I therefore write this review to let you know that this bookcase cannot be used for books. If you would like to use the bottom shelf for books and the upper two for picture frames or stuffed animals, that might work. Good luck!

I had originally seen this bookcase in a Sears ad for $134.00 plus shipping. I was very pleased to find it cheaper through Amazon.com. This bookcase was the perfect size to turn an under the stairs closet into a little reading alcove for my daughter's bedroom. I am very happy with the finish on the product. It looks great. The only thing I would suggest to the manufacturer is the need to use a thicker dimension of wood for the shelves themselves. We have a lot of books which are very heavy. I am worried about the shelves bowing under the weight. I will probably purchase some small "L" brackets to beef up the support. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase!

Buy KidKraft® Avalon 3 - Shelf Bookcase Now

KidKraft Avalon Tall Bookshelf White I ordered this shelf as a Christmas gift for someone and I couldn't be more disappointed. First of all, it arrived with a broken leg. I thought I would glue it, but then realized the entire shelf is made of pressed paper and it would have no structural integrity. The pieces were marked incorrectly, so when I ordered a replacement part from the KidKraft website, I got the wrong part. I ordered another replacement part and it was apparently engineered differently than the originals...the screw holes and dowel holes were reversed. By the time I got the second replacement part over a month had gone by and I just wanted the thing together...at least until I could buy a better shelf. It took a little glue and drilling, but I finally got it put together. What should have taken 10 minutes to put together took several hours. I purchased a $20 bookshelf from Target that was much better quality than this one. This KidKraft bookshelf was a joke. It really turned out to be quite the crummy Christmas gift.

I will give KidKraft credit for offering an easy way to get replacement parts via their website. I will also give the company I purchased it from, BabyAge, some credit for offering to help me get the correct replacement parts. After 3 bad experiences (the broken leg to begin with and the 2 wrong replacement parts), however, I just got tired of giving them chances to get it right and decided to move on. I will be replacing the Christmas gift with another bookshelf, but I plan to buy it locally this time.

Read Best Reviews of KidKraft® Avalon 3 - Shelf Bookcase Here

I searched and searched for a cherry bookcase that was the right color to match the DaVinci Kalani crib and changing table/dresser my son has in his nursery (they don't sell a matching bookcase in the cherry color), but could never find the right piece. However, when I found this online, I decided to take a leap of faith it looked like the right color, but I was apprehensive since it is so difficult to truly tell what color something is online. However, I couldn't have be happier when I opened the box the color is perfect for what is already in his nursery. I can't comment yet on the durability of this product since I just got it, but feel it is a very nice piece of furniture for the price. Assembly was quick and easy and it comes with hardware to attach it to the wall for safety -LOVE this aspect of it!

Hope this helps anyone else out there who has the DaVinci Kalani set and is looking for a matching bookcase!

Want KidKraft® Avalon 3 - Shelf Bookcase Discount?

Maybe this bookcase is good. I don't know because I can't put it together! It arrived packaged with numerous missing parts and duplicates of other parts. For example there was only suppose to one #8 part but we had two of those and extra #7's as well but no #2 or #3 parts. We then placed a call to the company with a list of the missing parts and they agreed to FedEx them to us. That seemed fine and we were happy...until the FedEx arrived, STILL with wrong parts. It is now three weeks later and I still have no #1 shelf part to put this thing together. I am very frustrated with this company and ready to throw this thing away before we've even used it. Very disorganized company. Who packs these boxes with the parts monkeys?

Save 29% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment