Sunday, July 20, 2014

Home Source Industries TV13192 Hardwood TV Stand with Cabinets for Components, Birch Finish

Home Source Industries TV13192 Hardwood TV Stand with Cabinets for Components, Birch FinishReceived this item today Friday January 18, 2013. The item I purchased proclaimed to be wood. Upon opening the package everything is compressed engineered wood with a birch veneer covering. It is far from being Hardwood as stated above. I ;am thoroughly dissatisfied with this cabinet. Why advertise Hardwood when it is a cheap engineered compressed wood, similar to flake board? I would like to send this item back to Amazon. I can't imagine how I could repack it and I certainly would not pay for shipping after being duped about this purchase.

When my husband and I unboxed this unit it had 2 long (over 6" each) scrapes (took off the wood) along the 3rd edge from the top, dead center. Since it was packed so well, we think it happened in the factory and they didn't want to admit it and get in trouble, so they shipped it. We discussed returning this 100lb item for an undamaged one, but I decided we should be able to fix with wood putty touchup. I hope I am right. It took about 2 hours for mostly him to put together. They provided wood glue for the dowels, but it was hard as a rock. Directions could have been better, but they were OK. I like the size, height and hidden electronics shelf (black screen). Not sure what shipping would have cost, but with Amazon Prime it was free shipping, and delivered on the day promised.

Buy Home Source Industries TV13192 Hardwood TV Stand with Cabinets for Components, Birch Finish Now

No comments:

Post a Comment