Sunday, August 3, 2014

InterDesign Easy Lock Pro Shelf, Brushed Stainless Steel

InterDesign Easy Lock Pro Shelf, Brushed Stainless SteelThis is a fantastic bathroom shelf. It is very heavy-duty it's made of stainless steel and is hefty (weighs 1 pound 5 ounces). Really solid feeling. The finish is brushed so it has a matte appearance. It is 14 inches long, 5 inches wide and 1.5 inches deep.

While I really like the build quality, what really sold me on this is the mounting method. You affix a plastic holder to the wall using either screws or the supplied silicon glue. I used the screw method since I was mounting this on drywall (it actually is going into my kitchen rather than the bathroom). But, I can see the strong appeal of using the glue method for a tile mount. Drilling into nice tile is always nerve-racking for me. Plus, should you want to replace the shelf down the road, you're left with holes in the tile.

But, since I didn't use the glue, I can't speak to how good a job it does holding the shelf. The instructions are pretty easy make sure the tile is spotlessly clean, apply the glue and let it dry for 24 hours. The mounting plate has some pre-applied adhesive pads so the plate stays in position while the glue is drying. Very nice touch since that avoids the need to clamp or tape it to the wall during the drying phase.

I posted some pictures so you can see what the mount looks like from the back. It comes with 2 screws and wall anchors (for screw mounting) and a tube of silicon glue (glue mount).

In addition to making it easy to hang, the mount allows you to very easily remove the shelf from the wall should you want to clean it, or clean behind it. Just lift up, and the shelf comes off the mounting bracket (the bracket has grooves to hold the shelf). The shelf is very stable in use you have to lift it straight up to have it come off from the bracket.

You can spend far less on a bathroom shelf/organizer, but I find the plastic ones look really bad after just a fair amount of use, and the chrome metal ones usually rust. This is made so that it will stand up to having the soap scum scrubbed off of it, won't rust, and is easy to remove (which is half the battle when cleaning items such as this). Pricy, but well worth the cost.

I had my contractor install this using the glue to avoid drilling into my new tile. I waited the requisite 24 hours then put the EMPTY bottles I planned to fill for use in the shower. The shelf fell within an hour. On the plus side, the glue was easy to remove as claimed. I am not using this shelf and seeking a replacement.

Buy InterDesign Easy Lock Pro Shelf, Brushed Stainless Steel Now

The shelf is sturdy, but the glue that came with it was completely dried up when the product came. Couldn't get more from Amazon or the company without sending the whole thing off for a replacement, so I just used silicone adhesive I had around the house. Other than that, it's a good shelf... but be ready to find your own glue.

Read Best Reviews of InterDesign Easy Lock Pro Shelf, Brushed Stainless Steel Here

it makes my bathroom look so quaint and oasis like. the picture does not do it justice it was a great buy

Want InterDesign Easy Lock Pro Shelf, Brushed Stainless Steel Discount?

I really wanted this to work. I followed the instructions exactly, cleaning the area with alcohol, letting the silicone glue dry for a full 24 hours before placement of the tray. It was a smooth surface. It held my 1-lb soap bottle very well. The next day I added a 1-lb shampoo bottle (it says it holds up to 20 lbs). Crash. Within 2 hours of adding the second bottle it all fell down. I can't drill holes into my shower wall and this glue method clearly doesn't work.

Save 39% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment