Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Whitmor 6054-268 Supreme Bakers Rack, Chrome and Wood

Whitmor 6054-268 Supreme Bakers Rack, Chrome and WoodI actually bought one of these racks at Lowes a while back for about the same price. It is just great. I lived in a small apartment and this rack seem to double the storage of my kitchen. I filled the bottom shelves with wicker baskets and was able to store pots and pans, plastic containers and many more kitchen items. It's so much better than kitchen drawers. You can store a ton of plastic containers and lids in the baskets and have easy access to them. You can hang utensils for easy access. I use the top shelf for storing tea boxes, candles and small items. In addition to all the storage you have another 3 feet of hardwood (mine is oak) counter space for preparing food. If you live with a small kitchen this rack is an instant remodel. I can't say enough about this rack. It's great.

I learned right away that the kitchen in my new apartment wasn't big enough for two people to comfortably (or efficiently) work in at once. Scratch that. It WAS big enough, but not very well laid-out. We didn't have enough counter space or cupboards.

This rack totally changed that. We store pans, food, tupperware, and a couple of small appliances on it, freeing up the rest of our kitchen. Even with so much on it, the cutting board is still completely open to use. We now spend many nights a week together in the kitchen, preparing and cooking food. Lovely!

Buy Whitmor 6054-268 Supreme Bakers Rack, Chrome and Wood Now

I bought this baker's rack to use as a microwave stand mainly. But I've found you can put so much more on it. I have my microwave on the top rack, my convection oven on the middle shelf, and a vintage style budweiser crate on the bottom shelf to store odds and ends. The very top shelf, I use to hold my plants. With all that weight on it, it seems to be pretty sturdy. I wouldn't let your kids climb on it, but it holds what you need it to without feeling like it's going to collapse. Also, an added bonus, it was exremely easy to put together. The directions it came with just had picture diagrams to follow, but once you get started, you don't even need them. Plus it looks great in my kitchen.

Read Best Reviews of Whitmor 6054-268 Supreme Bakers Rack, Chrome and Wood Here

For the price this is a really nice rack. Amazon's price is the lowest I found and free shipping made it an even better deal. We use this rack in front of our sliding door to the deck to hold seedlings and all of the garden stuff we had all over the dining room before we got it. It works out beautifully.

Want Whitmor 6054-268 Supreme Bakers Rack, Chrome and Wood Discount?

This rack is not the industrial-duty type sold elsewhere but a smaller, cheaper imitation. Overall it serves its purpose. The counter top is a little lower than a stove top and at 6'3" tall I need to hunch over to use it, but it's not unbearable. At 40% the price of the industrial-grade racks, and in desperate need of counter space and kitchen storage, I'm going to keep it and make due. However, if I compared this to the professional grade racks in a store, I'd probably pay extra for a heavy duty rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment