Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lisbon Wall Cabinet

Elegant Home Fashions Lisbon Collection Shelved Wall Cabinet with Glass-Paneled Doors, WhiteJust a beautiful cabinet! We put it in our newly remodeled bathroom and it really does look classy too! Beautiful glass doors with curtains! Very cool! I went ahead and antiqued the little stylish carving and the trim surrounding it that is above the doors, to the same color of blue as our bathroom. I just painted the front of it, let it dry for an hour and then with a wet rag, rubbed most of it off, leaving a real pretty antique look! So now, it really fits our bathroom well. But, even without that treatment, we were well pleased with it and it was easy to put together too. Just one caveat though.....

The cabinet mounting system, is just the worst I have ever seen? The holes are drilled very high in the cabinet, so you will need a real little stubby screwdriver to be able to screw in the screw(s)? Luckily I have one that also ratchets (really helps because you have to apply considerable pressure to screw the screw in and you are in an akward position!) I also had some success with a socket wrench with a phillips ended socket? I used those 75 pound max. load screw in drywall anchors, that actually you hear a crack, when the screw is all the way in (no guesswork!) Still was a real pain getting the screws fully in though!

Then, you realize that there is nothing to hold the cabinet against the wall on the bottom!.....To make a long story short, I just bought a tube of construction adhesive, pulled the bottom of the cabinet out from the wall, squirted some in each side (don't squirt in too much or it will squeeze out the sides and possibly the bottom and make a real mess of your walls!) and pressed the cabinet against the wall and the weight of the cabinet did the rest. Perfect at last! But, I still wonder why the manufacturer didn't just put the mounting board in the center of the cabinet and then just provide two snap in screw covers? It would of been "so much easier"! Oh well.....

I absolutely LOVE this cabinet! It just took me just under an hour to build it (I'm female, 35 yrs old) granted I'm used to building IKEA furniture and other furniture. Despite the reviews and advanced warning of the many pieces, when I initially opened the box I was like "oh no! this is going to take me forever!" however, ALL of the pieces were clearly labeled even every single piece of hardware! AND the instructions were awesome with clear diagrams. I was also nervous because the many reviews were for older folks and I thought perhaps it might be too old fashion? (sorry don't mean to offend!) I have a super small main bathroom which I recently redid with white wainscot, pedestal sink, and clawfoot tub this cabinet fit in PERFECTLY A lot of character! HIGHLY recommend!

Buy Lisbon Wall Cabinet Now

Bought it for my mom for her birthday. I like the details, material quality and functionality. Wish it was a little cheaper, takes 1-2hrs to put together. All as advertised except there was two paint chips on the front that kind of tick me off. Had to put some white paint on it. Mom loves it.

Read Best Reviews of Lisbon Wall Cabinet Here

Easy to assemble and looks great. First time assembler and was very simple. The cutest little curtains in the cabinet doors. Awesome item, especially for the price.

Want Lisbon Wall Cabinet Discount?

This is smaller than I expected but as it just so happens, the size is perfect. It's not very deep. I didn't hang it up on the wall.... I put it on a ledge in the bathroom and that's where it has stayed. Extremely cute. As everyone has said, it looks way better in real life than in the photo. I'm thinking about replacing the knobs... that's the only less than perfect thing about it. I liked it so much, I bought another for my mom, who also loved it. :)

Save 48% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment