Sunday, October 12, 2014

Bell'O BWS101 Two-Shelf Component Wall System with Multiple Color Panels

Bell'O BWS101 Two-Shelf Component Wall System with Multiple Color Panels
  • Low Profile Wall Mounted Component Shelf System with CMS Cable Management System
  • Each Shelf will Hold up to 50lb's, and can be used with 1
  • Includes Multiple Decorative Panel Inserts that allow you to choose from 6 Different Color and Wood Finishes: Black Ash, Cherry
  • Shelves are Smoked Tempered Safety Glass and the BWS101 Comes Complete with all Mounting Hardware necessary.
  • For Additional Wall Mounting Solutions or TV Stand Options and Bell'O Accessories, www.bello.com See "What Fits My TV"
  • CMS Cable Management System hides wires and interconnect cables
  • Double- or single-stud mounting options with included hardware for wood studs
  • Elegant smoked tempered safety glass shelves
  • Flexible wall system provides a convenient way to elegantly suspend your audio/video components
  • Multiple decorative wood finish panels and a paintable panel included

I purchased the BWS-101 for my new HTPC based on the positive reviews I read and the fact that each shelf holds 50 lbs, since the HTPC is heavy (at least 30 lbs).

The instructions were clear and easy to decipher for a beginner like myself, within about an hour I had 1 of the shelves up and it looks fantastic and feels sturdy. The cable management space behind the wood panel is great, my setup looks better than I thought it would. Since the wood accent panel comes in several finishes to compliment and decor or preference I can see my self using this shelf for many years to come.

On a side note, I stripped some of the screws during installation (I didn't drill deep enough into the stud) and called Bell'O about replacement hardware and a very polite woman picked up on the first ring and without question said she would UPS some new hardware immediately free of charge. Quite impresssive to say the least.

Buy Bell'O BWS101 Two-Shelf Component Wall System with Multiple Color Panels Now

Given the lackof reviews on this item, I was hesitant to buy-so glad I did. Installation was not too difficult, hardest part was installing the bracket on the wall due to the stud positions of my wall. There is lots of room to hide cables, about 2 to 2 1/2 inches behind each panel, and it looks really sharp. I bought two, so I stacked all four shelves atop one another under my wall-mounted TV. The shelves are well designed so that they easily bear the weight of my Denon receiver.

Read Best Reviews of Bell'O BWS101 Two-Shelf Component Wall System with Multiple Color Panels Here

This is a solid product. You can choose to mount between two studs or on a single stud. I chose the single stud and put the shelf to the side of the TV (rather than the typical placement below) because I wanted the components out of reach of the kids. I put the subwoofer for my Sony HT-CT100 on the top shelf. That weighs about 30 lbs, but the shelf holds it no problem. On the other shelf I stacked the cable box and blu-ray player. There is room to hide a thin power strip behind the panels in the wire hiding area.

Want Bell'O BWS101 Two-Shelf Component Wall System with Multiple Color Panels Discount?

I love my Bell'O wall shelf. It's a beautiful accent item. I was looking for something to hold my DVD player and cable box. I looked high and low for something like a TV stand. I didn't want a TV stand because my 42" TV is mounted on the wall. The unit almost looks like it's a part of the TV. It looks awesome under my TV. Great purchase!

Save 18% Off

I'm really impressed with the quality of this shelf system. Every piece is extremely sturdy and machined perfectly. When I refer to machining I'm speaking of the quality of the screws and the taps. Everything fits together perfectly. The supplied hex wrenches and regular wrench work very well with the supplied hardware(screws, nuts and lag screws). You will need a ratchet or strong drill motor to drive the lag screws into the studs.

The glass shelves are thick, strong and nicely tinted a dark grey. I have no doubt they would support 50 lbs, I suspect they could hold a heavier load as long as it was sitting close to the mounting bracket.

Something that I didn't see mentioned here was that these selves do not have to be set up in a stacked configuration. They can also be set up individually or side by side. Installation is easy if you have a good knowledge of stud finding (make sure you put these into wood studs, cinder block or cement). Another point to make is that the mounting brackets are heavy (which is a good thing). You may need help holding them in place while mounting. In all it took about a half hour to install the brackets once I had the holes for the lag screws layed out. I highly recommend these shelves.

As for the "but" in the title of my review. Three complaints, all small. The first one is that the instructions are in several languages and following them is a little tedious. I missed a detail about mounting a support bracket when I installed the first shelf. Not a big deal, it took me about 5 minutes to fix it, but it was still frustrating reading the directions. Second complaint is the packaging. Everything is very well protected, but the Styrofoam that is used in the packaging is REALLY messy. I don't know where they found this stuff but it breaks up into tiny little pieces when you touch it. I'd strongly recommend unpacking it outside. Which brings me to my last complaint. It would be really easy to lose some pieces while unpacking if you aren't really careful. They used ever square millimeter of space available. Completely open the box and make sure none of the components are stuck to the box (that's what happened to me) There's a parts list included, double check that you have everything before you throw anything away. I hope my complaints don't discourage anyone from purchasing the Bell'O shelf system. I will go out of my way to purchase more of their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment