Saturday, October 4, 2014

Knape & Vogt Ezc 12/1 WH Corner Shelf 12" - White

Knape & Vogt Ezc 12/1 WH Corner Shelf 12' - WhiteI ordered 5 of these shelves to fill an empty corner of my study and create a place to perch one of my satellite surround sound speakers as well as other momentos and knick knacks. Skip to the bottom if you have an un-square wall corner and are worried about installing these shelves!

First the bad stuff:

Of the 5 ordered, 3 had damaged corners. I suppose with some some wood glue, primer, and paint, I could have it looking good as new again, but I didn't order "instant" shelves to end up with a 3 hour project on my hands. I'm disappointed that I now have to return the damaged shelves and then probably re-order more than I need as I'm sure the next batch will also have damaged corners, and then return those that I don't need. Kind of a hassle. Also, the paint that came with the shelves was a little thin in some spots on some pieces, but otherwise decent.

Now the good stuff:

These shelves look pretty good once up. The details on the front are subtle enough to fit most decors. They also install easily, even with the modifications I had to make to fit my slightly un-square room. I used a level to make sure they were perfectly straight. The overall outcome looks very clean, I'm pleased.

Overall, 3 stars for a good product with an unfortunately high susceptability to damage during shipping.

NOTE: If you have unsquare corners as I did, installing these shelves only takes an extra 5 minutes each! The sides of the shelf which face the walls have a deep channel in them for the plastic pins to fit into once they've been pinned on the wall. This means it's very easy to sand down the side of the shelf to create any angle you desire. I made a template using the cardboard packaging that came with the shelf and found that if I drew a line from 1/8 of an inch inside from the 90 degree corner to the very point of one of the other corners, I could create an angle that fit my wall's corner exactly. (Around 95-100 degrees I'd guess) I used a mouse sander with 80 grit paper to make quick work of removing the material along the line I drew. I then shorted the plastic pin a bit using a razor blade and installed them as normal. They turn out great and the wider angle is imperceptible! I'll put up some pics after Amazon replaces my damaged shelves.

Came quick, looked and worked as advertised

Buy Knape & Vogt Ezc 12/1 WH Corner Shelf 12" - White Now

We bought this to give my son somewhere to put a drink since he sleeps on the top bunk. It was so easy and quick to install.

Read Best Reviews of Knape & Vogt Ezc 12/1 WH Corner Shelf 12" - White Here

I was hesitant to order this product, but the installation only took a screwdriver and about 3 minutes of my time. The only downfall is this product assumes the walls in your house are square. The drywall here wasn't exactly square, so there is a 1/4" gap on one side. The shelf still performs as intended and was totally worth the money. It's only holding picture frames, but it feels like it could hold much more weight, even with the skewed corner angle.

Want Knape & Vogt Ezc 12/1 WH Corner Shelf 12" - White Discount?

I Just put up this shelf in my daughters room for her video monitor. It was very easy to install with no tools at all. It took my husband about 3 minutes total. It came in perfect condition and matches the white molding in her room perfectly. We would def order this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment