Friday, October 3, 2014

Whitmor 6056-344-N Supreme Cart, Chrome

Whitmor 6056-344-N Supreme Cart, ChromeIn my limited experience, the whitmoor metal shelving is on par with metro at a much lower price-point. This cart is sturdy and works quite well for me except for one flaw I unfortunately found.

It was too late by the time I found out that my cart, with approximately 40lbs of weight on it, left tracks all over my hardwood. Upon inspection, it was easy to see that the wheels have a small lip on the inside of them from coming out of a mold. So instead of having an inch surface distributing the weight they had a fraction of an inch lip taking the weight and digging down into my floor. This was certainly unexpected and my new flooring is certainly now flawed to the visible eye.

While I could possibly try to sand down the lip, I now just use my cart as a stand instead. Live, learn, share.

These carts and shelving units are the best I've ever seen. They are flexible in shelf height, a minimum of one inch between, and it is very easy to reposition shelves after months of use... I have several shelf units and two carts and I plan on purchasing more. For those of you unfamiliar, not a better purchase can be made. Some units even come with wheels for even more flexibility.

Buy Whitmor 6056-344-N Supreme Cart, Chrome Now

This cart cost me only around $29 on sale, and it's perfect for my microwave oven on top and my toaster oven in the middle. Some say you can turn the top rack upside down to accommodate a microwave oven without having the door hit the sides of the shelf. This is not true. The cart is designed for each shelf to be placed with the correct side up, otherwise it would just rest insecurely. I did easily resolve the problem with the microwave door by putting a cork coaster under each of the microwave's front two feet. Now it opens perfectly.

This cart is not quite as sturdy as others say. On a hard kitchen floor, you can lock two of the four castors, but this doesn't help. Even if locked, the cart can just slide around on the hard floor, like when you push buttons on the microwave. I have it pushed against the wall, and that helps, but it still shakes when I press microwave buttons.

For the price I think it's perfect for my kitchen. It is sturdy, just not quite as sturdy as other reviewers are raving about.

Read Best Reviews of Whitmor 6056-344-N Supreme Cart, Chrome Here

Important Note: If you plan to set a microwave oven on this, you might want to purchase a same-size cutting board to set it on, so that the door doesn't jam when you open it.

Want Whitmor 6056-344-N Supreme Cart, Chrome Discount?

This is just what I needed for a narrow space in my pantry. Putting it together was a breeze and it is really sturdy. It holds all our party stuff...paper plates, napkins, papercups, tableclothes, favors, big bowls and bottles of soda and wine on the bottom. Perfect!

Save 3% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment