Sunday, October 12, 2014

Winsome Wood Stackable/Folding 3-Tier Shelf, Natural

Winsome Wood Stackable/Folding 3-Tier Shelf, NaturalPutting this shelf together was a tremendous hassle. You would think a folding shelf would come fairly assembled already. Instead, the folding construction makes it very difficult to assemble as directed. The included allen wrench stripped the wood screws very quickly. I had to buy a new set of similar screws and put the shelf together with a power drill. That was the only way to get the hardware tight enough to hold the shelf together safely and sturdily.

I received two of the same side pieces not two different(a single left and a single right) side pieces.

Very poor quality control. Six weeks later, I'm still waiting on the manufacturer to ship the correct piece.

Buy Winsome Wood Stackable/Folding 3-Tier Shelf, Natural Now

This seems as if it is a easily unfolding shelf unit, but it is

really a heavy, complex kit which requires assembly. Be

sure this is what you want, and that you are able to assemble it.

The description does not say that it requires assembly.

Read Best Reviews of Winsome Wood Stackable/Folding 3-Tier Shelf, Natural Here

After two hours of stripped screws, mangled shelves, and smashed fingers, I ended up using 3 bungee cords to hold a simple 3 shelf bookcase together. It holds books now, but I could have accomplished the same thing with some cement blocks and 1x6 planks. It is junk, and I'm assuming most of the other Winsome Wood products are of equally cheap construction. Save your money!

cfw

Want Winsome Wood Stackable/Folding 3-Tier Shelf, Natural Discount?

I'm so disappointed that I had to put these together myself. I really wanted these bookcases, I ordered (4) of them because they're stackable and they look great. I already had a couple of them from years back that I ordered from Stacks and Stacks and have been very happy with them. Years ago, when I first purchased, they were pre-assembled when I bought them directly from the store.

I tried for almost 45 minutes to put (1) bookcase together and gave up in frustration when I realized they would not be able to be stacked together the way I expected (this required hinges and extra brackets to be secured to the wall; not like the first set of bookcases I purchased which stacked together with pegs and did not need to be secured to the wall).

I'm returning all (4) pieces and am back to square one for my bookcase needs. Such a simple design, I don't know why they don't come pre-assembled.

Save 34% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment