Monday, July 22, 2013

South Shore Axess Collection 3-Shelf Bookcase

South Shore Axess Collection 3-Shelf Bookcase, BlackAs someone whose books threaten to take over the house, I am always in need of new and inexpensive shelving. This bookcase more than filled the bill. Although it is just a basic three shelf bookcase, it is sturdy, attractively painted, and holds a good number of books and magazine, including the oversized versions.

I recently ordered three of these bookcases. The bookcases were not too difficult to put together and I did assemble them all by myself in about three hours. However, I do agree with a previous review that a second pair of hands would have been helpful. These bookcases are well made and they look great in my office. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Buy South Shore Axess Collection 3-Shelf Bookcase Now

Who ever gave this shelf a good review MUST work for the company or know someone who does. Honestly, I just bought several pieces of South Shore furniture and they are all so cheap and so bad, including this shelf, that I'm having a hard time writing a review without swearing.

Putting this shelf together was as complicated as simple shelf could be. Parts barely fit, it came together poorly, and it showed from the outside. I have bought and built so many pieces of furniture, expensive and bargain. I'd have to say so far, this shelf, and another piece from this company have been the worst I've ever made. Next time, I'll just go to Walmart. The quality would be better and the price would have been cheaper.

I've also recently bought items from Powell and Magnussen. They turned out intuitively planned, and of beautiful quality.

Read Best Reviews of South Shore Axess Collection 3-Shelf Bookcase Here

I really thought this would be a great BOOKCASE. However, less than three weeks after I (correctly) put this bookcase together and began using it the middle shelf fell out and dumped all my books onto the floor. Then, because the middle shelf collapsed as it was falling out it "upset" the bookcase so that the top shelf of books fell out too. I have to say I was incredibly surprised when I looked over the mess to find that BOTH shelves had "bowed" so severely that they will no longer will sit on the EXTREMELY FLIMSY clear plastic "shelf brackets". AND as I mentioned above; these EXTREMELY FLIMSY clear plastic "shelf brackets" do NOT fit into the little pre-drilled holes properly: they pulled down on the holes so that they no longer will fit and stay!!! I have never seen such a flimsy piece of "furniture". OH, and in case you wondered I had only 11 books on those shelves that bowed and then collapsed! This IS supposed to be a bookcase right???!!! I REALLY wish I could return this NOT at my expense AND get my money back. However, I am quite sure it is too late. Please just be warned: this "BOOKCASE" WILL NOT SUPPORT BOOKS!!! Even the upright sides of this so-called BOOKCASE are now slightly "bowed" outward...... BEWARE!!!!! I would NOT recommend this item at all!!!!

P.S. I gave this a ONE star rating because I could not proceed beyond this page without it!!! It really deserves NO stars!

Want South Shore Axess Collection 3-Shelf Bookcase Discount?

A bookshelf has but one job: to hold books. This unit isn't doing very well with this task. I have books (both hardback and paperback), magazines, and picture frames in this unit. Two weeks after I placed these items in the unit, both of the adjustable shelves are bowing downward. It looks sad, struggling weakly to hold up its books and trinkets. It's the perfect size for the space I have, and besides the bowing shelves, it looks fine, so I'm not sure I'll replace it. I may go to the hardware store and see if I can replace the particle board shelves with real wood.

Other reviewers say this is a good product for its price, but I actually don't think this shelf is particularly inexpensive since it's practically useless as is. I paid only slightly more for an all-wood hanging shelf just a few weeks before I ordered this product. I should have gone with that company again, but I didn't because it took a long time to ship, and I wanted it as soon as possible. Poor choice on my part.

Buy this product if you want a shelf for light trinkets, but this is not a bookshelf.

Save 16% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment