Monday, August 19, 2013

Honey-Can-Do Kids Toy Organizer and Storage Bins

Honey-Can-Do SRT-01603 Kids Toy Organizer and Storage Bins, White/PastelI was a little skeptical about purshasing this item (or other similar ones) because some reviews reported cracked bins and that amazon could not replace just a bin. I found Honey Can Dos phone #(708-240-8100) and called. They will actually replace individual bins for free if it is due to a manufacturer's defect. Otherwise, you can still purchase them individually for 4.99 and 5.99 (little/big; price as of 2/2011).

Product arrived quickly. Lightning-quick, a nice bonus.

It came in a massive outer box but was well-packaged. After taking everything out of the package, with my husband helping, we had it up in about 20 minutes. A couple of things I noticed, which are neither pros nor cons, just observations:

* the bins don't sit perfectly at an angle. This isn't a problem though I think it would be better if the product's depth were slightly larger as this would allow the bins to seat a bit nicer.

* the rods across the shelf are metal. Not sure why I thought these would be wooden dowels, but upon thinking about it, it's much nicer to have metal because wood has a tendency to warp.

All in all, it's quite a nice little organizer. The colors of the bins are attractive. And although our house isn't completely free of "toy explosions" -this handy little unit makes it a whole lot easier for the toy bomber to clean up her messes.

Buy Honey-Can-Do Kids Toy Organizer and Storage Bins Now

Okay, I would have chosen different colors for the bins but it's otherwise perfect.

I spent way too much time trying to choose just the right storage for the kids' newly decorated playroom (was supposed to be my kitchen expansion but, oh well). I looked at bigger storage bins but they were too big. I looked at shelves but the bins were more practical because we can scatter the bins around the room for both play and easy pick up and a lot of the toys (cars, balls, plastic animals) are small and need to be kept together. I looked at all plastic but it was bulkier than this wood/plastic combination.

I saw complaints that:

this organizer came damaged mine did not.

that it was low quality higher quality costs more and would be too heavy.

assembly was difficult took me 10 minutes.

bins were too small exactly the right size for my needs. Get a toy box for stuffed animals and shelves for your books.

bins won't sit flat I don't want them to sit flat.

can't secure it to the wall possibly an issue with a child just learning to walk. But we used to tie our Christmas trees to the windows for the same reason so you can probably come up with a temporary fix for a year or so.

Highly recommend.

Read Best Reviews of Honey-Can-Do Kids Toy Organizer and Storage Bins Here

We got this about 2 months ago. It has been great organizing all my daughters toys. She can easily grab anything out of them without having to pull out a bin. It is pretty sturdy and I am very pleased with this purchase. I definetly recommend this product!

Want Honey-Can-Do Kids Toy Organizer and Storage Bins Discount?

It looks decent for the price, it's easy to assemble, and seems fairly sturdy. The biggest issue is that the bins stick out the back about an inch and a half. Because of this you can't secure it to the wall to keep it from tipping over if pulled on. It seems fairly stable and my son is 3 so I don't think this will be an issue, but I don't think I'd trust it with younger kids. One other minor issue is that you can't put two large bins on the same rack. Only one large and two small bins will fit.

Save 53% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment