Sunday, August 11, 2013

Nexxt 3-Piece Framed Cubbies Shelf Set, Mahogany

Nexxt  3-Piece Framed Cubbies Shelf Set, Mahoganythey are so tiny that even my books could not fit in vertical position... somebody wrote about screws showing off on the back... odd, but true, my bf had to kinda saw the "hooks" (he just has a lot of tools:) so we were good. So, the thing is , the shelves are not so usable or efficient , its more for decoration, cause they are just way to small and light to hold something big...i kept them. i uploaded a few seconds video so you see how they look like in live.

I was surprised with the quality of them because so many wall cubbies are made cheaply, but these look fantastic in person! They are very well made and look much more expensive then they actually are. The color perfectly matched my mahogany coffee table. The large rectangle one can be hung vertically or horizontally, which is nice. I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond for $29.99 and I also used one of those coupons they are constantly mailing out to bring the price down further.

Buy Nexxt 3-Piece Framed Cubbies Shelf Set, Mahogany Now

These "wood frames" aren't even close to real wood they a poly-wood fiber mold. the fact that there material isn't good the hooks on the back aren't great either. The boxes are designed to hang flush it he wall but the hooks aren't recessed o it hang off kilter

Read Best Reviews of Nexxt 3-Piece Framed Cubbies Shelf Set, Mahogany Here

Poor packaging. The way the items were packaged caused the frames on the two smaller shelves to break off completely. The shelves arrived broken on two occasions (original order and the replacement order). I figured I would try a third time but that was going to be it. On the third try, the frame on one of the smaller shelves was slightly lifted but I was able to push it back down and you can't even tell. I would like to note that the damage was not due to poor handling as the outside box was in perfect condition.

I am very happy with the shelves, now that I actually received some that were not broken (3rd time's the charm!). Although, I did not expect the shelves to have a frame around them (it is hard to tell from the picture). I wasn't sure about it at first since that is not what I expected, but they do look very nice.

Want Nexxt 3-Piece Framed Cubbies Shelf Set, Mahogany Discount?

This arrived broken even though the box was fine, so that indicates bad workmaship. I suppose I could have glued it back together....but it's not even real wood, just cheap composite. Plus the indented frame looks weird, it's not flush agains the wall as you might expect. You can get a much nicer looking, sturdy, real wood version at Lowes for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment