Friday, August 2, 2013

Welland 18 Inch x 8 Inch x 1.25 Inch Oliver Wall Shelf Display Floating Shelves Espresso

Welland 18 Inch x 8 Inch x 1.25 Inch Oliver Wall Shelf Display Floating Shelves EspressoThe shelf itself is fiberboard, but the outside surface is nice and the color was what I expected from the images online. For the price, the shelf is sufficient. However, the bracket/hanging system is horrid and the instructions are not much better.

The instructions mentioned a 9/32 drill for the holes in the wall. However, the anchors provided were much bigger. I needed a 3/8 drill to make the appropriate holes. The anchors were sturdy enough. I marked out the hole locations after leveling the anchor, then drilled and installed the anchors. One quibble is that some of the holes on the anchors are too close to the protruding hangars, making it too tight a fit to use a drill with a screwdriver bit. I had to do those by hand. The screws were also brass, so it is very easy to strip the heads if you are not careful.

I checked the anchors for level, then put the shelf on. There is FAR too much clearance between the shelf and the anchors, so the shelf wobbles all over the place and does not end up level when you put something on it. I had thought that the two screws through the bottom would stabilize the shelf, but all they do is prevent the shelf from being pulled off the wall.

According to the instructions, the shelf is also designed to tilt back towards the wall slightly to prevent a heavy object from sliding off. I didn't intend to challenge the load limit for this shelf, so now it looks like I have shelves that tilt back as well as to the side.

I'm not sure what to do. Since I don't want to risk ripping up the wall to try another brand, I'm kind of stuck. I might make some sleeves from some wooden dowels and see if that provides the necessary stability (and maintains the levelness that I spent the time getting when I hung the brackets in the first place).

If you haven't purchased these yet, don't.

chinsy, seriously doesnt hold much weight, barely a vase. i liked the size and price wasn't bad, yet check out other types.

Buy Welland 18 Inch x 8 Inch x 1.25 Inch Oliver Wall Shelf Display Floating Shelves Espresso Now

It was exactly what we needed. A shelf that looked clean and sleek. Putting it up was fairly simple. After hanging the shelf it still seemed loose. I tightened it as best I could bt it was still loose on the brackets. It made it seem unlevel when things are put on it. It is not a noiticable centerpiece so it will work fine for now.

Read Best Reviews of Welland 18 Inch x 8 Inch x 1.25 Inch Oliver Wall Shelf Display Floating Shelves Espresso Here

I had a hard time finding a small floating shelf (18")and this one fit the bill. Quality is ok, one shelf seems slightly twisted but not really noticeable once they were up and loaded. I have 2 and they look good in a tight space.

Want Welland 18 Inch x 8 Inch x 1.25 Inch Oliver Wall Shelf Display Floating Shelves Espresso Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment