Saturday, September 14, 2013

Atdec Visidec VF-AT-NK Focus Monitor Arm Single to Support Displays Up to 24 Inch (Polished)

Atdec Visidec VF-AT-NK Focus Monitor Arm Single to Support Displays Up to 24 InchThis arm works very well for my 15" macbook pro. It's construction is solid and I trust it with my expensive mac. These arms look great and are strong. Plus they have several well designed features like a built in place to store the alen wrench you need to adjust them.

However, it isn't quite as solid as I'd like. I'm focusing on the improvements I'd like to see, but don't be put off this really is a 4+ star product.

* It wiggles as I type

* the Arm isn't tight enough around the pole it has about 1-5 degrees of play. This isn't too bad gravity pulls it down to the lower end of the range, but it means the laptop sits crooked enough that I notice. This can be resolved by taking apart the arm just below the laptop and loosening the swivel screen so you can rotate the laptop tray without moving the arm don't overlossen, you still want this adjustment stiff. Small swivel adjustments in this away allowed me to bring my laptop back to perfectly level.

* The "feet" that stop the laptop from sliding off are way too tall from my macbook by more than 2x. I've found a way to position them so they don't get in the way too much, but still bump in to them often. It would be nice if there were two sizes of feet to choose from.

* You can't slide the arm up and down the pole easily. I was hoping for a quick release mechanism so I could adjust the hight if I wanted to sit or stand. It takes a lot of effort to get it into position and locked down. Once you get it right, you won't want to adjust it again.

Sometimes you pay more and and do not seem to get the value you expected out of an item.

In this case, its pricey, but it really works quite well, heavy metal components; when you tighten something it stays tight.

It would be nice to have bit more degrees of freedom on the notebook mount itself, and sure I would like it to be rock solid (which it is not) but I have no fear at all that it will suddenly shift or that the notebook would drop off.

make sure to keep an eye on which kit you are buying, some include the main mounting pole, and some do NOT...

pricey, but it works well...

Buy Atdec Visidec VF-AT-NK Focus Monitor Arm Single to Support Displays Up to 24 Inch (Polished) Now

I originally bought the pole and arm setup (Visidec Focus Articulated Monitor Arm to Support Displays Up to 24 Inch) for just my my 24" monitor, which works as intended, but after a while I noticed a slight lean due to the weight of the screen. I'm a big guy, 6'5", so I need my monitor a bit higher than most people and had to put the arm a bit higher on the pole. I'm sure this adds to the lean as well.

I also have a 17" Alienware laptop, or as i call it, my small boat anchor, that need a home on my desk somewhere.

With this arm my setup is well balanced. It accommodates my beast of a gaming laptop and my monitor, but just barely. And I mean JUST barely.

If you have heavy items like I do, I would highly suggest that you drill the 1/8 hole in your desk and install that route. The C-clamp bracket thing should work fine if you have smaller ticket items.

Again, great product for the cost and just because it says it can take a laptop up to 17lbs and 24" monitors doesn't mean you have to.

Read Best Reviews of Atdec Visidec VF-AT-NK Focus Monitor Arm Single to Support Displays Up to 24 Inch (Polished) Here

The visidec monitor arms are great, but this monitor arm with the notebook stand seems to have a slight lean to it which is really annoying. My monitor arm tightly fits and the monitor is straight, but this arm doesn't seem to be as tight around the pole which allows the notebook to lean from left to right. Other than that slight annoyance, i believe this is a great product.

Want Atdec Visidec VF-AT-NK Focus Monitor Arm Single to Support Displays Up to 24 Inch (Polished) Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment