Saturday, September 21, 2013

Cherry Book Shelf / Case Bookshelf Bookcase Rack Mission Style

Cherry Book Shelf / Case Bookshelf Bookcase Rack Mission StyleThis item looks very nice however I am using as a bookshelf for my cookbooks in the kitchen. The shelves are fixed height and are all too short for common 3 ring binder cookbooks such as Betty Crocker or Better Homes and Gardens. My husband simply removed a piece of wood from the top/front of the unit and glued down the actual top. This did reduce the structural integrity of the unit, but now my books actually fit on the top shelf. Not ideal, but opening the packaging was rough and we couldn't have returned the furniture.

It wasn't a deal breaker, but an extra inch in height on one shelf would have been ideal.

This is the third one of this bookcase I've purchased. I'm using two as nightstands in a guest bedroom and one as a bookcase in my home office. I've had the "nightstands" for about two years now. Being in a guest room, they don't get a tremendous amount of traffic, but there are no signs of wear.

They were easy to put together and seem pretty sturdy. The assembly instructions were kind of vague, but it really wasn't too hard to figure out. All the pieces were included. All the holes lined up. My very mechanically inclined husband assembled the first two, but I (much less mechanically gifted) put the last one together myself.

The cherry stain is just that -cherry. The finish on my units was all pretty even. I'm not an expert, but they seem like solid wood to me.

As another reviewer mentioned, the shelves are a fixed height. Only the top shelf (not the very top on the case) was tall enough for my taller books.

I wouldn't say this is high-end furniture, but for the price I didn't expect it. I don't think they'd hold up well in a child's room, but I'm happy with them in my adult only house.

Buy Cherry Book Shelf / Case Bookshelf Bookcase Rack Mission Style Now

The cherry finish looks good but there always seems to be some issue when assembling these kits. The packaging and protection of the box was great. However, There is a threaded insert in the wood pieces for the machine screws to attach to and one of the pieces that secures the top had a threaded insert missing. I had to carefully set a wood screw in to hold it. Doesn't look great with the drywall screw in it but didn't have a choice. I've never been a big fan of these kits but gave them another chance and not sure that I would order one again. If you have the mindset that you'll probably have to jury rig or repair something you won't be so disappointed. After unpackaging all the pieces and taking the styrofoam out and wrap it would be a real challenge to wrap it back up and return. Unfortunately you probably have to live with defect.

Read Best Reviews of Cherry Book Shelf / Case Bookshelf Bookcase Rack Mission Style Here

This bookshelf is very handsome. The wood is a rich cherry and the design is attractive. It's a little tricky to put together but the end result is well worth the effort. It's quite sturdy and aesthetically pleasing. I'm very happy I made this purchase. It's much nicer than many more expensive bookshelves I've seen.

Want Cherry Book Shelf / Case Bookshelf Bookcase Rack Mission Style Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment