Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Walker Edison 44-Inch Corner Wood TV Stand Console, Traditional Brown

Walker Edison 44-Inch Corner Wood TV Stand Console, Traditional BrownFirst off, I would give this 5 stars if it weren't for the lousy packaging. The console arrived in a heavy long flat box. One end of the box was coming open and pretty beat-up looking. I could even see the wood through the packaging before I opened it!

So I get it home and open it up and the end where the wood is exposed has almost no protection at all. One part of the shelf is scratched and the veneer is even peeling off a little. The opposite end of the box is extremely well protected. It had extra cardboard and even a piece of wood protecting the end. Thankfully, the scratched / peeling part of the cabinet is towards the rear, and can't be seen unless you really look for it. I'm sure others might not be so lucky. As I unpacked it, my biggest fear was that the glass just had to be broken. As bad as the packaging looked, I figured there was no way it would have survived the trip. To my surprise, the glass was packed between the wood, and survived the journey.

It's packed with that really cheap sytrofoam between all the parts of the cabinet, you know the kind that self disintigrates when you barely touch it. So by the time you have everything unpacked, your entire living room is covered in a snow-like blanket of styrofoam residue. Be prepared to vacuum up the entire room after you have put the cabinet together.

Now for the cabinet: This product is great! It took me about 2-hours to put it together and I am very handy at this kind of thing. Everything fit together PERFECTLY! There are a LOT of parts, and there was NOT ONE hole or peg that was out of alignment! I fully expected to have to drill a new hole somewhere to make something fit, but no need for this.

When it was all said and done, it looks like a much more expensive piece of furniture that you would buy at a fine store. I couldn't be more pleased with it. Very sturdy and it holds all the compenents well. The doors are very solid and open and close well with no binding or sagging.

In summary, Walker Edison spend a couple extra dollars on the packaging and you will be producing a 5-star product!

Instructions were very well explained. All the hardware was properly labeled! Very easy to assemble. Only problem I had was that my cable box is too big to fit on either shelf. I have to leave the doors slightly opened. Other than that, I love it!!

Buy Walker Edison 44-Inch Corner Wood TV Stand Console, Traditional Brown Now

This stand is heavy and solid. Some of the wooding is high grade particle board and the signifcant pieces like legs and the top of the stand is high grade fiber board which is just a step down from being 100% solid wood quality. The finish is high grade laminate, just to give you and idea, I tested a small section with a sharp tack in the back to try and scratch the finish and it wouldnt scratch. The doors are solid thick glass, and fiber board, the doors open and shut nicely. This stand will be something I can keep forever and hand down to my kids.

Read Best Reviews of Walker Edison 44-Inch Corner Wood TV Stand Console, Traditional Brown Here

This stand was perfect for what we needed. We are using it with a 46" flat screen and it works well but would be too small for anything larger. Definitely measure your other equipment to make sure it will fit as this is narrow but all of ours fit fine.

Want Walker Edison 44-Inch Corner Wood TV Stand Console, Traditional Brown Discount?

It looks great and until I assembled the console it was perfect for our den. The problem is the console is not deep enough to accommodate our dish DVR receiver. I had to cut the back of the console. I could have sent it back, but we looked the looks for the console.

Save 56% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment