Thursday, October 17, 2013

Ameriwood Over The Toilet Cabinet

Ameriwood Over The Toilet CabinetComplete piece of crap. Took an hour to assemble, put it against hte wall. The legs folded like a house of cards the whole unit collapsed ripping the tiny leg pins out of the cheap press board. Injuring me and my cat. Cant fix it now and cant return it.

We just purchased two of these for our new place. They have a good amount of space and the one we set up is holding a lot of stuff. One of the things we didn't like is that it didn't mention needing a wall anchor, which was a primary reason we purchased it (our wall is stone and would take a lot to drill into). However, it was the last step. The product is staying up but sways when we open it. Also, the directions were unclear about which way to place some of the boards and it wound up being upside down. We would have had to undo most of the work to fix it. Overall it looks nice and holds a good amount of products for the cost.

Buy Ameriwood Over The Toilet Cabinet Now

The one i received had a few scratches and chips on it nothing that a little paint marker didn't cover up easily. I love the modern look of this piece and assembly was pretty easy. It's very sturdy once up.

Read Best Reviews of Ameriwood Over The Toilet Cabinet Here

I like this cabinet, except for the color. I'd been looking for a cabinet in black for a long time, and then I saw this cabinet advertised as "black". It's not black, it's espresso!! All of the mirrors in my bathroom are framed in black, so this doesn't exactly match, but I put it up until I can find a black one. For the price it's a good buy, just beware of the color.

Want Ameriwood Over The Toilet Cabinet Discount?

We were going to order three of these for all three of our bathrooms, but I am glad I hesitated. The first reason I dislike is that after it was all assembled, I noticed the edges of each piece was already looking worn, so the finish is not good, and rather cheap. Second, as my husband was putting the item in place behind the toilet, he realized the bottom cross bar that you can see in the picture, and the piece that stabilizes the unit, does not fit our bathroom! The reason this bottom piece does not fit is because the water pipe and shut-off are right in the middle. Our work-around was to take a saw and cut out a notch to go around the water pipe, not idea, but okay. After all of this trouble, we decided it didn't match our vanity and we'd use it in another bathroom that is just a toilet room. Well....it turns out this other bathroom's water pipe and shut off is in yet another spot, and the modified cross-bar won't work, yet again. A simple solution would be for the manufacturer to have accounted for an average of height from floor to pipe, and locate the cross-bar higher. In the end, it is sitting in pieces for now in my closet. It's too much of a hassle to disassemble and box up for return, so we'll continue to jerry-rig it to work. I would not recommend.

Save 40% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment