Tuesday, October 8, 2013

ClosetMaid 899600 6-Cube Stackable Laminate Organizer, White

ClosetMaid 899600 6-Cube Stackable Laminate Organizer, WhiteI bought the 9 cube product in the espresso finish and liked it so much I got the 6 cube piece too (in espresso and white). Lots of storage with a small footprint, the espresso finish works well with the transitional style of my home, and the white is perfect for a closet in my bedroom.

Assembly: I usually am terrified of assembling these kind of things and leave it for my fiance to do, but wanted to have this done when he got home from work. All said I think it took me an hour to put together all three units. It wasn't difficult at all, all the pieces were there, and after putting together several of these now I have never had issue with the holes being drilled incorrectly.

Minor issues: The backs of the cubes are laminated cardboard with a lot of nails, and if you aren't very careful to get them in straight they will damage the finish (one nail out of 120 I used no joke, it is a LOT of nails) did go crooked and poked through the laminate Two boards out of the 30 I have pulled out of the boxes have had minor scratches, but nothing too unsightly. The plastic screw covers they include are kind of lame the screws don't sit deep enough for the caps to be flush.

Overall, this appears to be a nice organizational tool for the money!

This is exactly what I was looking for! I've had it for about a week and so far it's doing great! I put it together in under an hour while watching TV. I accidentally put one of the small dowels in the wrong place but was able to get it out with a pair of pliers without damaging it. I opted not to put on the back panels and I like the way it looks!

Buy ClosetMaid 899600 6-Cube Stackable Laminate Organizer, White Now

Great item for organizing your closet. Very sturdy and fairly easy to assemble. Love the fact you can choose how to position tall at 3 up or shorter at 2 up. Great price using Amazon Prime with the free 2 day shipping.

Read Best Reviews of ClosetMaid 899600 6-Cube Stackable Laminate Organizer, White Here

The very first screw I put in stripped out the particle board. All other screws were not snugged down at all to keep from turning this into a pile of useless sawdust.. The screws have a 1/16" head that protrudes above the surface, so the plastic caps are 1/16" over the surface. You cannot tighten the screws down to fix this because particle board crap. I wish I had seen this order before my wife had placed it.

Also, note you should not expect to lay this on its side due to the way it is constructed. If on its side, the shelves are only supported by wooden pins 1/4" thick. It is engineered to be vertical and not horizontal.

Want ClosetMaid 899600 6-Cube Stackable Laminate Organizer, White Discount?

I ordered this as a bookcase for a home office, and I'm very pleased with it. Although another ClosetMaid product had confusing assembly instructions, this was very easy to assemble. I am considering ordering another one (I could have gone with the eight cube). My original plans were to put this in a closet, but it's got such a nice crisp look, I'm putting it in the office where it's more visible.

Save 22% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment